Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy Can't recieve calls while tethering

OP T Spin

19th August 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Whenever i am using some sort of tethering software on my sprint g3 i cannot receive phone calls. Pdanet, Easytether, and even wireless tether for root users all had this problem. I know due to sprint spark we aren't capable of using data and voice at the same time, but can't it at least just disconnect you from your data like the good old days? I feel like it's prioritizing your data connection, thus not allowing you to recieve any calls. Ive been told that my phone would ring once, and go straight to voicemail. I'm not even able to see the missed calls unless they leave a voicemail, Heck, nothing even shows up in the call log! If anyone knows of any fix that can solve this problem that would be great. I'm sure many other people are having this issue as well.

I've also noticed that even without tethering if you happen to be using data on your phone at same time someone calling you, you won't receive the call.
21st August 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #2  
Center Hill
Thanks Meter: 126

572 posts
Donate to Me
I've noticed this also at times. My brother even drive to my house cause he kept calling and it was going straight to voicemail. I was not tethering, just using data. I wounded if I should give Sprint a call bout this issue.

Sent from my Lg G3
21st August 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #3  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 16

199 posts
More
I think this is an unfortunate byproduct of the phone not supporting SVLTE (same as all current spark capable phones). It only has one transmit path, so it cannot connect to 1x when it's connected to LTE. The Sprint network is supposed to tell the phone to disconnect from LTE and connect to 1x when a call is incoming. This is called ECSFB. But in some areas, the network doesn't yet support this feature, so you may miss calls (because as far as Sprint's voice network is concerned, the phone isn't connected). I've read that Sprint is working to get this support to the entirety of their network, but it still isn't complete. Hopefully it will only continue to improve.

Link with a better explanation: http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ata/2013-11-19

I haven't noticed this problem, but I'm sure it's happening to me as well. I don't live in a very updated area, as far as Sprint's network is concerned. We don't have 800MHz (because of the IBEZ), and we don't have B26 or B41 LTE yet. Just regular old LTE B25 on most towers.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by dodgeboy; 21st August 2014 at 12:34 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread