FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

SD card issues

19th August 2014, 07:58 AM |#1  
durandetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartland, MI
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
I bought a 64 gig Samsung class 10 when I got my s5 and all was good for a month, but then my pictures started getting corrupted and my songs stopped playing. Same issue with my g3, so today I decided to do the long format using the hp format tool. 2 hours later it finished and now my as card won't even register in my phone. I formatted to fat32.

Just hoping it's not garbage. Any help with a possible fix or way of checking if it's toast?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
 
 
19th August 2014, 08:16 AM |#2  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durandetto

I bought a 64 gig Samsung class 10 when I got my s5 and all was good for a month, but then my pictures started getting corrupted and my songs stopped playing. Same issue with my g3, so today I decided to do the long format using the hp format tool. 2 hours later it finished and now my as card won't even register in my phone. I formatted to fat32.

Just hoping it's not garbage. Any help with a possible fix or way of checking if it's toast?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

use mini partition tool to recover and repair SD data on desktop
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 08:33 AM |#3  
durandetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartland, MI
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
I already lost all data from the card, from the format. Will the tool fix a possible issue with the card as well?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
19th August 2014, 08:40 AM |#4  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durandetto

I already lost all data from the card, from the format. Will the tool fix a possible issue with the card as well?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I am sure about data recovery
but repair works too give it a try buddy.
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 03:26 PM |#5  
durandetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartland, MI
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Thanks for the help.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
19th August 2014, 06:18 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I have a 64gig micro sd card and mine does the same thing. It also did the same thing in my Note 2...
19th August 2014, 09:52 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
try to test cards with h2testw software, there are a lot of fake cards around!
The Following User Says Thank You to fear_factory84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 12:40 AM |#8  
durandetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartland, MI
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
I thought it was too cheap to be legit but I figured I give it a try. My fault for being cheap. Any recommendations for a good 32-64 gig card.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
20th August 2014, 01:50 AM |#9  
ItsLasher's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durandetto

I thought it was too cheap to be legit but I figured I give it a try. My fault for being cheap. Any recommendations for a good 32-64 gig card.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Actually Samsung makes some of the better cards. I would also recommend Kingston and Corsair for a SDCard because they make the best computer memory.

One company I would avoid is Patriot. Their stuff is slow and buggy with craptacular tech support.
The Following User Says Thank You to ItsLasher For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 01:52 AM |#10  
durandetto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hartland, MI
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
What's a good company to buy from so I don't get another fake?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes