SD card issues

Search This thread

durandetto

Jan 11, 2010
Hartland, MI
I bought a 64 gig Samsung class 10 when I got my s5 and all was good for a month, but then my pictures started getting corrupted and my songs stopped playing. Same issue with my g3, so today I decided to do the long format using the hp format tool. 2 hours later it finished and now my as card won't even register in my phone. I formatted to fat32.

Just hoping it's not garbage. Any help with a possible fix or way of checking if it's toast?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
I bought a 64 gig Samsung class 10 when I got my s5 and all was good for a month, but then my pictures started getting corrupted and my songs stopped playing. Same issue with my g3, so today I decided to do the long format using the hp format tool. 2 hours later it finished and now my as card won't even register in my phone. I formatted to fat32.

Just hoping it's not garbage. Any help with a possible fix or way of checking if it's toast?

use mini partition tool to recover and repair SD data on desktop

Reactions: durandetto

durandetto

Jan 11, 2010
Hartland, MI
I already lost all data from the card, from the format. Will the tool fix a possible issue with the card as well?

't-Smalle

Aug 14, 2014
I have a 64gig micro sd card and mine does the same thing. It also did the same thing in my Note 2...

durandetto

Jan 11, 2010
Hartland, MI
I thought it was too cheap to be legit but I figured I give it a try. My fault for being cheap. Any recommendations for a good 32-64 gig card.

ItsLasher

I thought it was too cheap to be legit but I figured I give it a try. My fault for being cheap. Any recommendations for a good 32-64 gig card.

Actually Samsung makes some of the better cards. I would also recommend Kingston and Corsair for a SDCard because they make the best computer memory.

One company I would avoid is Patriot. Their stuff is slow and buggy with craptacular tech support.

Reactions: durandetto

Minni

Mar 29, 2008
I have auf samsung 64 GByte for my sgs1
Works fine, but only my sgs1 can read/write it.
Every cardreader donot recognize the card.
Any idea?

durandetto

Jan 11, 2010
Hartland, MI
Even if my computer reads it as 64gigs I never had that much on it though because my pictures would start becoming corrupted and any music stored on it wouldn't play back. I'll just have to wait till I get back to work and buy a 32 gig Samsung pro or something similar at best buy.

Minni

Mar 29, 2008
If the card is cheap, then it is probably a fake.
Instead of 64GB, there are only 8GB
Hope not. Samsung original and my sgs1 says 64 GByte.
And works fine and quick.
The 32GByte, also samsung, works fine too and all card-readers can read/write on it.
If sgs1 is conneted to pc the 64 GByte card can be used.

illdini

Jun 24, 2010
I buy new from amazon.com (*not* from a reseller), free 2-day shipping with Prime & a solid return policy. I generally buy Sandisk cards, haven't had any issues yet.

BestBuy
Newegg.com
Frys.com
TigerDirect.com
Fry's retail

These will be NEW ones always and not take the chance of getting a used one like you can on Amazon or a referb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

use mini partition tool to recover and repair SD data on desktop
    I already lost all data from the card, from the format. Will the tool fix a possible issue with the card as well?

I am sure about data recovery
    but repair works too :) give it a try buddy.
    try to test cards with h2testw software, there are a lot of fake cards around!

Actually Samsung makes some of the better cards. I would also recommend Kingston and Corsair for a SDCard because they make the best computer memory.

One company I would avoid is Patriot. Their stuff is slow and buggy with craptacular tech support.
    What's a good company to buy from so I don't get another fake?

BestBuy
    Newegg.com
    Frys.com
    TigerDirect.com
    Fry's retail

These will be NEW ones always and not take the chance of getting a used one like you can on Amazon or a referb.