Having trouble rooting my LG LS990ZVC.

Search This thread
I've been at this for around 7 hours now, I've looked up dozens upon dozens of guides and downloaded a handful of utilities to help me root this phone, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I've tried the "One-Click Root" Programs, I've tried to revert to ZV4, and I even tried to find a workaround to install TWRP or Cyanogen Mod without root access, but I simply cannot find a solution. My end goal is to have Cyanogen Mod 12.1 running on here, and I'm not worried keeping the factory software, though it would be a plus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not worried about saving my personal data, because I just did a normal factory reset anyways, in order to clean up my phone (I've been doing it more and more frequently to keep my phone working well, and I'm hoping that installing another rom will help solve these issues.)

Edit: http://xdaforums.com/sprint-lg-g3/development/ls990-zvb-root-method-zvb-rooted-stock-t3211878 has a method that I have succeeded in using twice, just in case anyone is still looking.

Last edited:

lrosa143

Apr 7, 2015
Cleveland
I have the same issue

I've been at this for around 7 hours now, I've looked up dozens upon dozens of guides and downloaded a handful of utilities to help me root this phone, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I've tried the "One-Click Root" Programs, I've tried to revert to ZV4, and I even tried to find a workaround to install TWRP or Cyanogen Mod without root access, but I simply cannot find a solution. My end goal is to have Cyanogen Mod 12.1 running on here, and I'm not worried keeping the factory software, though it would be a plus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not worried about saving my personal data, because I just did a normal factory reset anyways, in order to clean up my phone (I've been doing it more and more frequently to keep my phone working well, and I'm hoping that installing another rom will help solve these issues.)

Same issue here tried everything I could so far to no avail don't seem like anyone here wants to help :(

RustyPwns

Oct 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Funny I am experiencing this very same thing. Absolutely no method works to root this bloody phone on this update of android L for the ls990, they locked it pretty good, but you said downgrading to ZV4 didn't work either? I'll read what engine suggests then.

PhoneNoobs

Apr 4, 2016
Its actually Super Easy to root the ls990 ZVC trust me i have two.

I used king root latest version which i think its something along the lines of 4.82 or 4.8.2 anyways it worked i got rooted in literally like 1 minute. Then i used the super sume app from the playstore to remove king root and replace it with SU and that was just as easy as it was to root. Seriously like in 10 minutes i had root i had replaced with SU and i had made a back up. Thats why i love king root. I love it and i hate it lol :p

Skinnyjeans21

Feb 24, 2013
Houston, TX
Same Last Night

I had the same issue last night on my Boost Mobile LS990 ZVC. I used everything out there and couldn't figure it out. I went back and found out that the only thing that works to root the damned thing is to use the one-click-root method (that GUI or script one here on XDA). The problem is that when the phone gets stuck in download mode towards the end, you're supposed to unplug it, pull the battery, and go back into download mode and plug it back in. That fixed it for me and had me rooted in seconds. It's helped a few other people that have the G3 as well.

It should be noted, I used everything from the one click root to manually typing the scripts. I chose to put in the scripts because then I could go back and see whats going on as it's happening. I also just got this phone yesterday night and couldn't wait to root it so I tried everything out of desperation. Root works great!