Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] WiFi Calling causes FC

OP dakoellis

21st August 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67

344 posts
I've just done an RTN factory reset and cannot get wifi calling to work. If I try to enable it through the app, I get one of two things. The first if I try through settings or the wifi calling app is Connection error: Wi-Fi Calling cannot be configured because internet access has not been established. You may need to open your browser to sign into a Wi-Fi network. This shows up as a popup, and happens no matter which network I try (they all have Internet btw) The second option is a Settings FC when I try through the notification. Any ideas?

This was the first thing I've tried after the factory reset: no root or any custom apps.
21st August 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 3,714

3,980 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakoellis

I've just done an RTN factory reset and cannot get wifi calling to work. If I try to enable it through the app, I get one of two things. The first if I try through settings or the wifi calling app is Connection error: Wi-Fi Calling cannot be configured because internet access has not been established. You may need to open your browser to sign into a Wi-Fi network. This shows up as a popup, and happens no matter which network I try (they all have Internet btw) The second option is a Settings FC when I try through the notification. Any ideas?

This was the first thing I've tried after the factory reset: no root or any custom apps.

I had an issue getting WiFi calling to work out of the box, here's how I fixed it.

- Forgot WiFi network I was trying to connect to
- Log onto my Sprint account and remove WiFi calling from my plan (click "Change my Services" from the drop down menu associated with the G3 then select the "remove" text next to VWDOM0 - Domestic Voice Over Wi-Fi Unlimited)
- Wait a few minutes and keep an eye on your phone; you'll receive a pop up saying "Changes Saved" or "Profile Updated". Something like that
- After I got the pop-up I entered ##SCRTN# in the dialer (phone will reboot and update profile)<----- (I have seen where ##UPDATE# works as well so maybe try both)
-Once my phone booted up and settled in I entered the WiFi Calling menu through the dialer app; I signed into my home network and went through the activation process to add WiFi calling to my phone

It worked for me after that. However it recently stopped working for me (last night) and all I had to do was enter ##UPDATE# to fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to fergie716 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

344 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergie716

I had an issue getting WiFi calling to work out of the box, here's how I fixed it.

- Forgot WiFi network I was trying to connect to
- Log onto my Sprint account and remove WiFi calling from my plan (click "Change my Services" from the drop down menu associated with the G3 then select the "remove" text next to VWDOM0 - Domestic Voice Over Wi-Fi Unlimited)
- Wait a few minutes and keep an eye on your phone; you'll receive a pop up saying "Changes Saved" or "Profile Updated". Something like that
- After I got the pop-up I entered ##SCRTN# in the dialer (phone will reboot and update profile)<----- (I have seen where ##UPDATE# works as well so maybe try both)
-Once my phone booted up and settled in I entered the WiFi Calling menu through the dialer app; I signed into my home network and went through the activation process to add WiFi calling to my phone

It worked for me after that. However it recently stopped working for me (last night) and all I had to do was enter ##UPDATE# to fix it

Tried it a few times. Guess I'll try calling and see if they can remove Wifi calling on their end to get it to work. I had a similar problem with GV in the past and they had to remove it on their end.
22nd August 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

344 posts
After calling and having Sprint remove wifi calling for me, it all seems to be working now after following @fergie716 's instructions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread