Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi Calling Keeps Showing Up In Quick Settings

Tip us?

Redpill42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Wifi Calling Keeps Showing Up In Quick Settings

Normally I only have 5 Quick Settings icons enabled (Quick Memo, Wifi, Sound Profile, Data, and Bluetooth), however every time I reboot my phone, the Wifi Calling icon re-enables itself and pushes itself in between the Data and Bluetooth toggles, pushing Bluetooth off of the screen. I realize that it's easy to just go back into the 'Quick Settings' settings and un-tick Wifi Calling again, but it gets really annoying when I reboot multiple times a day. Does anyone know of a more permanent solution besides just un-ticking the box every time I reboot? If it helps, I am using the Gold edition G3 from Sprint (obviously) and I'm rooted. This 'problem' has been going on since I got the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Redpill42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orbitalcomp
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have the exact same issue, but I have my WiFi Calling quick setting button enabled. Normally I have Bluetooth in the fifth and right most spot, but WiFi Calling always forces it's way back to that spot upon a reboot, pushing BT to the next page.

In the Edit menu, they show correctly but they are actually flipped, so I just move one of them then move it right back.

Not a huge problem, it's just a weird little glitch I've never seen before on any other device.

EFEXR
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I was just about to post about the same situation (wifi callling always showing in quick settings).
Is there a fix to this. It is getting annoying because I never use wifi calling yet it always shows up in quick settings even though I always uncheck it the quick settings options

stas333
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFEXR View Post
I was just about to post about the same situation (wifi callling always showing in quick settings).
Is there a fix to this. It is getting annoying because I never use wifi calling yet it always shows up in quick settings even though I always uncheck it the quick settings options
bump. same crap here.

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
bump. same crap here.
I doubt there is a fix for it yet. I can't even reorder the icons, without it changing them back to original order.

sent from my LG G3
G2(Sprint)-stock rooted
G3(Sprint)-stock rooted
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive

bizzzle
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Me Samsies

Im having the same issue, before and after root. Anyone heard of it happening on other carriers or is it just sprint?

stas333
Old
Thanks Meter 195
We should all contact Sprint and let them know. Maybe it will be fixed with an update.

't-Smalle
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This is very annoying...

randyrampage609
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I too have this same issue

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk