golpeen420

Jun 6, 2014
Warrenton
Reactions: TroNit

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
My daughter dropped her G2 within a month of getting it, and 3 days after I cancelled the insurance on it. She's had hand me down smartphones for 2-3 years without ever so much as dropping one on the carpet and the first time I straight up buy her a new one of her own, she drops the thing. Dumb luck. Landed on the corner and didn't shatter the screen, but the touch screen only worked on the upper half.

Bought a new display panel and swapped the guts from her phone into it. Like $80 USD and some patience. WAY better than buying a new one. You can buy just the touch sensor and glass separately from each other for even less, but I didn't want to try using a heat gun to separate the layers from each other and the phone body, so I bought the whole assembly.

It's easy. YOU CAN DO IT!! (think of The Waterboy)

Reactions: TroNit

TroNit

May 4, 2012
My daughter dropped her G2 within a month of getting it, and 3 days after I cancelled the insurance on it. She's had hand me down smartphones for 2-3 years without ever so much as dropping one on the carpet and the first time I straight up buy her a new one of her own, she drops the thing. Dumb luck. Landed on the corner and didn't shatter the screen, but the touch screen only worked on the upper half.

Bought a new display panel and swapped the guts from her phone into it. Like $80 USD and some patience. WAY better than buying a new one. You can buy just the touch sensor and glass separately from each other for even less, but I didn't want to try using a heat gun to separate the layers from each other and the phone body, so I bought the whole assembly.

It's easy. YOU CAN DO IT!! (think of The Waterboy)

Thanks man I really need to try something out cause the screen is on and good so I wonder if I need the whole thing.

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
The worst part was getting the battery out. It's glued in and flexible, so you have to be very slow and steady getting it out or it gets curved. I'm sure you can flatten it back out, but I got scared that it would be bad in the long run.

mjjcb

Sep 27, 2014
SE Michigan
Is there a problem with the first link with the OC on 12-18 down? I tried to download it 4 times, and I ended up with the same 14kb file every time. It should be 7.6gb, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMOD 12 Base Kernel for the Sprint Ls990

Code:
    Disclaimer :  This is a [B]WIP[/B] project and is been done just for fun and trying to the best for the device your warranty is now void and dont blame me if you do any harm to your device.

FEATURES

- Compiled with SaberMod GCC 4.10 and optimized.
    - Overclocked to 2.7 Ghz.
    - ExFat Enable.
    - Frandom random generator.
    - Intelli-thermal V2 (credit to faux123)
    - Two way stereo call recording patched.
    - Sound Control (faux123)
    - Voltage Control.
    - Oversahping patched.

** GOVS and I/O Schedulers

- Intelliactive
    - Nightmare
    - Wheatley
    - Pegasusq
    - Badass
    - Interactive
    - Conservative
    - Usersapace
    - Powersave
    - Ondemand
    - Performance

## I/O Schedulers

- Noop
    - Deadline
    - Row
    - Cfq
    - Test - Ioshed
    - Fiops
    - Fifo
    - Sio
    - Zen
    - Tripndroid

** TCP Congestion Control

- Illinois
    - Cubic
    - Reno
    - Highspeed
    - Hybla
    - Htcp
    - Vegas
    - Veno
    - Scalable
    - Lp
    - Yeah

More to come hopefully.

** How To Flash

- Download Kernel
    - Back UP!! please just do.
    - Wipe cache and Dalvik
    - Install Kernel
    - Wipe Caches again
    - Reboot

FIRST BOOT WILL TAKE A LIL LONGER.

** DOWNLOAD LINK

ToXic CaNdy Dec 18

## NO OC! [Flash this version if you having issues booting.]

ToXic CaNdy NOOC Dec 18

GPL

TroNit Github

** CREDITS

- CyanogenMod
    - Invisiblek
    - BUMP! Devs the close and the open one Big thanks to both!!
    - HPtesla, tectas awesome commits in his git.
    - Clark44 for his Cm12 builds
    - Faux123
    - DoomLord
    - Chetkener
    - flar2
    - Google
    - Testers : Junior R. - Otroguero​
    CHANGELOG Dec 18

- S2S Fixed, using swype to text shouldnt be an issue now!

CHANGELOG Dec 17

** Since tap2sleep is not working right now in aosp but doubletap statusbar does but is kind of a pain sometimes especially if you adjust brightness from it as well. i think this update will help many of us to make it a lil be easier.

- Sweep2sleep - Sweep navigation bar to sleep (Credits Showp1984, Flar2, Dorimanx).
    Enable by default
    sys/sweep2sleep/sweep2sleep > 0 to disable

CHANGELOG Dec 11

- Force FastCharge
    - Intelli-Plug With ECO Mode Credits Faux123
    - Bring Back Optimizations
    - Dynamic FSYNC (faux123)
    - Upstream updates from CM
    - Just butter

## OLD BUILDS ##

ToXic CaNdy Kernel LS990

Stock CyanogenMod Boot.img

http://d-h.st/y7x

NOTE
    Boot.img for those having issues and wanted to go back with out restoring the whole system be carefull this is an stock boot img from the unnoficial build 05-12 from Clark so credits to him.
    OP UPDATED

NO OC Build for user having issues booting.

**Big THANKS to @otroguero
    Let me know. Kinda weird that doesn't even boot to give u the screen. Anyone else getting the same?

Running smooth on Candy so far, 4 hours in no panics or reboots.
    The download only lets me grab an .exe file. I only see 2 download links not the usual 3. Most of the time I pick small middle one. That one is not there.

You hit the bottom button now. 2nd button gave me zip

Good to see you here TroNit & thanks for this sir, I'm on cm11 at the moment but when I flash cm12 I will surely be checking out.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2