[OEM TAR] [SM-G935U SPR] GS7E Unlocked Model ROM Update, Version RC1, March 2018

Search This thread

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
FYI Hotspot hack survives the update. I haven't checked the ability to add the hack afterwards because I had it before this update.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Just as an FYI, I have flashed back to PE1, and rooted. My screen does NOT wake when receiving text messages. It only seemed to do that on PEH/PG9.
I'm not currently on the u software. Is the a setting for this to turn off? Like do this....
1989ed49bbb1d7ec9354c346d6c5927c.jpg

lanypr

Jul 5, 2010
Took the plunge and flash the G930U and everything is working fine, additionally I'm unrooted and got the hotspot to work using Shortcut Master List trick previously shown in the threads before. Search LTE and then went in to com.test.LTEfunctionality.LTEfunctionalityTest and there you can update the APN settings.

Last edited:

clavin78

Jul 26, 2010
Anyone else having issues with not being able to select from charging to mtp etc? Phone doesn't show up under My Computer either. I noticed this when trying to restore with smartswitch.

Edit: was drivers. I had to get the driver for 935U

Last edited:

neuton

Nov 17, 2010
NY
I am sorry for the newb question but just want to make sure before I take the plung, I just download the odin file you have in post1 then I can grab the newer os at the top of the page to replace the one in your file to install the pg9 instead of the peh one? I am also on the pg1 right now, so it will just overwrite my os and maybe loose my apps? But if it all works correctly I will then have hotspot working right out of the box with no issue and no knox trip? I have not done nothing to the phone just yet I just got it very recently so no root or anything done.

Again sorry for the newb questions but just making sure so not to screw up my phone lol

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
I am sorry for the newb question but just want to make sure before I take the plung, I just download the odin file you have in post1 then I can grab the newer os at the top of the page to replace the one in your file to install the pg9 instead of the peh one?
Yes. Each version is a stand alone install, so you do not need to be on the first one to flash the second.
I am also on the pg1 right now, so it will just overwrite my os and maybe loose my apps?
The process will wipe all data including apps and internal sd card. Make sure anything u wanna save is on external sd card.
But if it all works correctly I will then have hotspot working right out of the box with no issue and no knox trip? I have not done nothing to the phone just yet I just got it very recently so no root or anything done.

Again sorry for the newb questions but just making sure so not to screw up my phone lol
You will not trip knox. Hotspot will not work out of the box. Search this thread, there's a fix in here somewhere...

Reactions: neuton

MoparPogue

Aug 1, 2007
LeftyGR, Do you have a "known good source" for just the ODIN package you used? I know it's nit-picky, but I live in the sticks and don't have broadband.

MoparPogue

Aug 1, 2007
Awesome. Thanks. This is obviously not for you, but for others going through the process.

TIPS:

Make sure your USB is plugged directly into your computer. Using the same hub I use to flash my LG G4 and my S4, the flash process would fail. It wouldn't hurt to use the USB cable that came with it.

Ensure you have Smart Switch installed. If all else fails, recovery.

If you're using a different ODIN, ensure your MD5 hashes are correct. Not all ODINs are the same.

If you get a failure in ODIN, your device will fail to a recovery screen. You won't be able to boot into the "Vol Down + Home + Power" screen. The recovery screen is the same thing. Flash from there.

Don't panic. This package is signed by Samsung. If you see the recovery screen troubleshoot your connections and try again. (I can confirm this first hand.)

aakid22

Oct 10, 2015
Is it worth updating to PG9? Have any problems been fixed from PEH? Have any problems appeared in PG9?

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
Reactions: neuton

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Update (4/25/2018): Here's my download link for the latest 935U Nougat 7.0 ROM (March 2018 Security Update), version RC1:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hdzW5KRXcZXDWdZ9Pw6qFMMwniQZN7di/view?usp=sharing

When flashing the CSC file, do NOT use HOME_CSC. Use the regular CSC file. Flashing the CSC will wipe all your data (except for data on the microSD card) so be sure to first backup your pictures, music, videos, etc.

==========

Link to Shortcut Master Lite, which allows you to edit your APN to add Hotspot. I can confirm that this worked for me on the newest QD2 Nougat ROM.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite

Open the app and put in LTE as the search term. Select LTEFunctionalityTest. Then select LTE APN Setting.

Go into the two APN2 entries, click on APN Type, and type in "dun" (without the quotes) at the end.

Now you'll get Hotspot.

*Credit goes to @heathmcabee for sharing this with us.

==========

Hi guys,

On Samsung-Updates.com, a ROM file is available for the SM-G935U SPR, version PEH. This is the Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge ROM file.

http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=SM-G935U

Sprint's Hand-Free Activation and PRL update goes through just fine.

The ROM offers a Sprint bloatware-free experience and the phone offers better performance and battery life as a result.

My Antutu benmark:

Battery life is good again!

No ill effect on LTE speeds.

Hotspot works again without editing the APN!

Give it a shot, people~! :D
    I've read through through all the discussions in this thread, but nothing clear on helping with getting Hotspot working on G935U Rom posted at the beginning of this forum. I went from Stock ROM to G935U using link on first post. Used Odin 3.12 in zip. Used CSC_OYMxxx file. Booted fine, APN auto-set, LTE working. Can someone help? Someone else posted the same issue, but no answers. Please help! I've included pics of my ROMs before and after and the failure I'm getting. Thx!

Dude use shortcut master lite, search for lte. Use the first one that pops up in that line of com.test.functionality , click on it, go to lte apn and apply ,dun and your good. Works for me. Don't need msl

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Dude use shortcut master lite, search for lte. Use the first one that pops up in that line of com.test.functionality , click on it, go to lte apn and apply ,dun and your good. Works for me. Don't need msl

It's the APN2 EHRPD AND Apn2 lte Internet. Modify their APN TYPE TO:

Default,mms,dun

Now you have Hotspot free

Both EHRPD and one below need to be edited. I'm on U software also
    If you're on sprint and need your msl pm me. I won't say more here but I got you.

Edit I no longer work for sprint. Sorry guys. I moved wayyyyy up.
    The link for the PG9 ROM has been posted!

See the top of 1st post.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    Good info in this thread. I will help you guys get apn settings enabled within connection settings ffor any carrier setup but it's going to require root or a custom rom odin package with these modified files included in the rom. It envolves editing and replacing csc files once i edit them. Another thing you need to understand is that the bootloader is an important piece of the firmware setup process. So unless you lie to the bootloader you get the csc that it looks for during rom setup. Give me a couple of days to look at the csc from the PEH software. I will need one of you to test for me because I don't have the S7 but i do know how to fix this.