Root for T2 Ultra Dual

16th July 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charming.arpit

You will need to unlock the bootloader to do so... Only rooting the phone won't work! Then you need to install gl2sd app from playstore and you will be able to transfer the apps to SD card.

Thank u for the info, but i found a link saying its possible to make default storage as SD card, i dont know if it works for T2 ultra, it would be great if check it out,

http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to...-Card-No-Root/

Sent from my D5322 Sony Xperia™ T2 Ultra Dual
17th July 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #42  

39 posts
More
@ charming.arpit
Is it possible to root the phone using vroot after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2?

17th July 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #43  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

146 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Akram

@ charming.arpit
Is it possible to root the phone using vroot after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2?

Can't say. I am highly disappointed with KitKat update and am going to sell my T2 Ultra. Therefore, I am no longer trying to fiddle with it.
Please try it out yourself and let everyone in the forum know.
20th July 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #44  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

65 posts
More
people please help me.. I am getting "fail to get root" in the vroot application in the phone which was installed after trying to root through the pc app.. what to do??

---------- Post added 21st July 2014 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th July 2014 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Akram

Bro, I followed your instructions and downloaded tge vroot program and installed it on my pc. Enabled usb debugging mode on my phone and connected it. The program scanned and and displayed 'no root permission'.

Is this normal?

And secondly, after i click the 'Root' button, an app called mtkcamera and one more app ask for permission to get installed on the phone.

And lastly after after everything, rooting failed.
The vroot program shows a big 'X' mark with options to 'retry' or 'manual root'.

In your instructions, u have just written, 'download vroot app and root ur phone' but can u please put down a detailed set of instructions on what exactly is to be done.

Please help

Sent from myD5322 Sony Xperia™ T2 Ultra Dual

Bro, I have the same issue whenever I try to root. Please tell me how you got past it..
20th July 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #45  
Flag Temanggung
Thanks Meter: 30

276 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue93

people please help me.. I am getting "fail to get root" in the vroot application in the phone which was installed after trying to root through the pc app.. what to do??

---------- Post added 21st July 2014 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th July 2014 at 11:33 PM ----------

Bro, I have the same issue whenever I try to root. Please tell me how you got past it..

Are you on kitkat firmware? If yes the tool won't work...try to flash it via flashtool and try root tool in the general section

Sent from my D5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st July 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #46  

39 posts
More
Quote:

Read my previous posts dude, the problem was that i was using older version of vroot (1.7.3), so i downloaded the newer version (1.7.8) and the problem dissappered. Hence i advise u to do the same.
And if u r on kiktkat firmware, there is still no posts or evidence of vroot working on it. Try only if u r still on Jellybean.

Hit thanks if helped

21st July 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #47  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

65 posts
More
yes i am using Kit Kat. Thanks for the help.. Now will wait for a root exploit..
22nd July 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 8

33 posts
Quote:

yes i am using Kit Kat. Thanks for the help.. Now will wait for a root exploit..

Kitkat root is available.... Check this thread & root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t2-u...l-4-4-t2818887
14th September 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #49  
Flag City of Flowers
Thanks Meter: 15

173 posts
More
can i use this tool to root Xperia M2 with kitkat 4.4.2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread