Honest opinion about the T2?

OP X0LARIUM

15th August 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 66

842 posts
More
I plan to get this for my dad, who is currently using a Windows Phone Lumia 720. He is pretty happy with it per say, but he misses his Xperia X10..

I will be brutally honest, that Android phones arent as smooth as WP. But again, WP have a serious dearth of Apps that Android doesn't. One of the main reasons I am rethinking of getting dad back on Android.

The only thing he can't bear is a slow phone...He is retired and spends 90% of his day on his cell phone. Messaging on WHatsApp, Hike, Facebook and Twitter.

And yes, he was also an avid photographer in the past. So a good camera will be an added advantage.

What do you honestly think about the T2 Ultra. Since it's a 6" display, he can easily read and surf the net on it.

I would love to hear honest opinions about it.

Though I am into rooting and modding devices, I will stick to stock on this one...

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate t2 Ultra's performance, speed, usability (6" screen) and built quality?

Thanks for reading and replying.
15th August 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Temanggung
Thanks Meter: 40

328 posts
Donate to Me
More
in my opinion this phone is good,with the 13mp primary camera it can shoot a good photo...
and the performance is good...but with root it will be more smoother than before...
furthermore,its good for gaming beacuse the 6'' display...but its a bit slippy that i have to be more careful with it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Chena_22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X0LARIUM

I plan to get this for my dad, who is currently using a Windows Phone Lumia 720. He is pretty happy with it per say, but he misses his Xperia X10..

I will be brutally honest, that Android phones arent as smooth as WP. But again, WP have a serious dearth of Apps that Android doesn't. One of the main reasons I am rethinking of getting dad back on Android.

The only thing he can't bear is a slow phone...He is retired and spends 90% of his day on his cell phone. Messaging on WHatsApp, Hike, Facebook and Twitter.

And yes, he was also an avid photographer in the past. So a good camera will be an added advantage.

What do you honestly think about the T2 Ultra. Since it's a 6" display, he can easily read and surf the net on it.

I would love to hear honest opinions about it.

Though I am into rooting and modding devices, I will stick to stock on this one...

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate t2 Ultra's performance, speed, usability (6" screen) and built quality?

Thanks for reading and replying.

Bro, the camera isnt good in this phone, i personally use this and found the camera experience unsatisfying. There are a lot pixels visible in the pics, color reproduction isnt accurate, and its takes plenty of time for taking one pic, considering its a quad core, it shud have been much faster.

The pros of this phone are the screen size and battery backup.

This is my honest opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroMAN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

842 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroMAN

Bro, the camera isnt good in this phone, i personally use this and found the camera experience unsatisfying. There are a lot pixels visible in the pics, color reproduction isnt accurate, and its takes plenty of time for taking one pic, considering its a quad core, it shud have been much faster.

The pros of this phone are the screen size and battery backup.

This is my honest opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chena_22

in my opinion this phone is good,with the 13mp primary camera it can shoot a good photo...
and the performance is good...but with root it will be more smoother than before...
furthermore,its good for gaming beacuse the 6'' display...but its a bit slippy that i have to be more careful with it...

thanks a lot both you guys for the reply..
18th August 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
A nice phone but, camera is unsatisfying, i have 8MP phone beter than this.
18th August 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Indore, India
Thanks Meter: 122

132 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info opimion
Honestly saying you should have it it has big screen good processor and GPU
it's an all in one package and ya it has a good camera too..
The Following User Says Thank You to ravendra275 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #7  
Flag kashmir
Thanks Meter: 229

234 posts
More
coming from note 2,its has an awesome battery backup, screen and killer looks, but camera is one of the worst I ever used plus 1 gb ram is another issue, sometimes even my keyboard dsnt pop up in browser coz all the ram has been eaten.... go for lg pro 2 instead some sellers are selling it for 28k
The Following User Says Thank You to sajadkhan806 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

842 posts
More
Thanks people...I'm listening

Auto-coded on my DROID RaZR!
19th August 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 34

136 posts
More
Here's what I gotta say :
Pros
- Awesome screen size, display quality.
- The ram may be 1gb, but its more or less lag free.
- The camera is pretty awesome in natural lighting conditions.
- Battery life.
- It looks pretty good too.
Cons
- Loudspeaker volume is low.
- Camera doesn't perform that well in artificial lighting conditions. The zoom is a bit problematic too.
- It will feel a little uncomfortable to hold for a few days, because of its size, but after a few days, it'll feel normal.
If you think size and display matter, go for this phone, or you could consider the moto x.
Hope I helped.

Sent from my D5322 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by sohailferdous; 29th August 2014 at 05:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sohailferdous For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #10  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2

60 posts
I'm coming from Lumia 630, I do missed its ease of use and smoothness but I finally settled to this phone.

I'm looking for a dual Sim device first and foremost, so battery life is a priority even though I yearn for a big screen experience. I bought Asus Zenfone 5 about 2 weeks ago, and the whole android experience is being let down by awful hardware. Very weak GPS, weak WiFi, weak GSM signal, crazy battery life that doesn't even hold a charge for half a day because the device is scrambling for every wireless protocols. Switching to Xperia T2 Ultra isn't as easy for me too... In my country, Sony is notoriously known for very bad after sales service, plus this phone is double the price of the Zenfone 5. I bought it new because nobody is selling it used (the phone isn't exactly a seller).

I had doubts, I kept every bit of plastic covering intact, just in case the phone doesn't work as intended, I'm going to sell it again.

Lo and behold... Strong WiFi signal, quick connecting GPS, stable GSM signal on both SIMs, and the strong battery life makes me extremely happy with my purchase. The big screen might have lower pixel per inch compared to the Zenfone 5, but you won't notice it that much. The media is overblowing the PPI thing, they are accustomed to seeing high end devices screen, but for commoners like us, unless it's very extreme, we won't notice the difference. After the KitKat update, I torture test the device, playing whatever games, go back home, open the browser, Google docs, taking pictures, while Facebook (no messenger) and whatsapp pinging in the background. Some hiccups, but nothing crashing. The games occasionally restart though, due to limited memory, so you might want to limit it to casuals or save a lot when switching apps.

There is one peculiar app that crashed one time, and it's Sony socialife app. I never opened it, but I got a warning the app crashed, might be a background process.

The camera on this phone is disappointing, I could've swore my old Xperia Arc took better picture. Prepare for an overly aggressive image sharpening and slight discoloration. I really don't know why Sony's smartphones cameras are now subpar, up to Xperia S (my last Sony phone before T2), the image was clear and crisp. Might be T2 Ultra is a mainstream high end I mustn't expect much, but when a 3 year old camera phone can do it better, something amiss.

The phone size is just right, I tried Z Ultra before and to me it's a bit too big. I can still put it inside my pants side pocket with ease and can handle it with one hand just fine.

Since my T2 ultra is the dual Sim version, the KitKat update lower the processor speed to 1.2 GHz. Well, at least it's still a quad core and I didn't notice significant slow down on daily usage.

I'm not a power user by far, and so far I only change wallpaper and have Google now and calendar widget with organized icons on my home screen.

Just curious, why didn't you get the Z Ultra for your dad? If you don't need the dual Sim, the Z ultra can be had for a little more than the T2 ultra. In my country, I can get the Z ultra for US $70 more, with free powerbank and free case. Minus the LED flash and the size, everything is better. I need the dual Sim in my case.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midi_Amp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread