Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Apps jumping out of folders

OP jvskumar

21st August 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Hello all

I have a strange problem with my Xperia T2 Ultra dual sim - I'm used to arranging all the apps in folders and categorise them. I have been doing this with all my android phones - Samsung Galaxy S2, then Note 2 but now with my Xperia T2 Ultra all the apps keep jumping out of the folders

It happened once, I moved the apps back into the folders, twice, did it again...but its happening randomly...please help!!:
23rd August 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Does it happen after a restart?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
24th August 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #3  
Member
Flag DKI Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvskumar

Hello all

I have a strange problem with my Xperia T2 Ultra dual sim - I'm used to arranging all the apps in folders and categorise them. I have been doing this with all my android phones - Samsung Galaxy S2, then Note 2 but now with my Xperia T2 Ultra all the apps keep jumping out of the folders

It happened once, I moved the apps back into the folders, twice, did it again...but its happening randomly...please help!!:

try to move it to internal storage at setting> apps
I always got that problem to after moving apps data to external
even though it's not really an external after 4.4.2 update
seems ridiculous to me.
give it a try and tell me how it works.

there's quite much problem at T2 Ultra and posting at support forum doesn't seem to get replied by the sony moderator
26th August 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3alon

try to move it to internal storage at setting> apps
I always got that problem to after moving apps data to external
even though it's not really an external after 4.4.2 update
seems ridiculous to me.
give it a try and tell me how it works.

there's quite much problem at T2 Ultra and posting at support forum doesn't seem to get replied by the sony moderator

Thanks for the responses. It happens after a restart and sometimes when the android system crashes and I have to force restart.
I cannot move the apps to internal storage as its only 8GB out of which only 4GB is available and my apps are large in number - around 100 plus
26th August 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3alon

try to move it to internal storage at setting> apps
I always got that problem to after moving apps data to external
even though it's not really an external after 4.4.2 update
seems ridiculous to me.
give it a try and tell me how it works.

there's quite much problem at T2 Ultra and posting at support forum doesn't seem to get replied by the sony moderator

Hello S3alon

I observed the apps that were jumping out!! strangely all the apps that I moved to SD card due to lack of space are jumping out funny!!
27th August 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag DKI Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvskumar

Hello S3alon

I observed the apps that were jumping out!! strangely all the apps that I moved to SD card due to lack of space are jumping out funny!!

Sorry just checked the forum
yeah., I'm not sure to., I got small apps which is fine in the folder just recently downloaded CYTUS and it turns out just like what you said., keep jumping out of folder after restart.

maybe it's OS related., not really sure about it now especially cause the SD detected in apps is still internal not SD Card after Kitkat update.
maybe some others can help explaining this

will try asking this around at SONY forum
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes