Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

More app/game space

Tip us?

Omniscious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default More app/game space

I figured out that with a rooted device you can trick the tablet into using the extsdcard. Works on both my tab 4 7 and tab 4 10.1. A simple script that has a single command as follows. mount -o bind /storage/emulated/0 /mnt/media_rw/extSdCard. When this is run at boot and I uninstall an app and reinstall, I gain free space on the internal card. It does however seem that the external doesn't show it being there. So I think it screws up the actual reported free space on the external. A better solution or improvement would be appreciated. enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omniscious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soldier1184
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscious View Post
I figured out that with a rooted device you can trick the tablet into using the extsdcard. Works on both my tab 4 7 and tab 4 10.1. A simple script that has a single command as follows. mount -o bind /storage/emulated/0 /mnt/media_rw/extSdCard. When this is run at boot and I uninstall an app and reinstall, I gain free space on the internal card. It does however seem that the external doesn't show it being there. So I think it screws up the actual reported free space on the external. A better solution or improvement would be appreciated. enjoy.
the devices even some lg's i noticed have an "emulated" storage for instance the tab 4 7 states 0 , legacy which is different then what ive seen before ie my s2 my blaze etc
1/184 INF AA 82nd Airborne Bravo Company

Current Device: ASUS Nexus v2 2013

Retired Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Blaze
Samsung Galaxy S2

Omniscious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default not sure

Not sure if it worked. And to let you know, I believe the internal could be the emu0lated one. And the storage low sfill comes up.