Ask a question

No registration required

More app/game space

OP Omniscious

3rd July 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
I figured out that with a rooted device you can trick the tablet into using the extsdcard. Works on both my tab 4 7 and tab 4 10.1. A simple script that has a single command as follows. mount -o bind /storage/emulated/0 /mnt/media_rw/extSdCard. When this is run at boot and I uninstall an app and reinstall, I gain free space on the internal card. It does however seem that the external doesn't show it being there. So I think it screws up the actual reported free space on the external. A better solution or improvement would be appreciated. enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omniscious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Madera.CA
Thanks Meter: 20

102 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscious

I figured out that with a rooted device you can trick the tablet into using the extsdcard. Works on both my tab 4 7 and tab 4 10.1. A simple script that has a single command as follows. mount -o bind /storage/emulated/0 /mnt/media_rw/extSdCard. When this is run at boot and I uninstall an app and reinstall, I gain free space on the internal card. It does however seem that the external doesn't show it being there. So I think it screws up the actual reported free space on the external. A better solution or improvement would be appreciated. enjoy.

the devices even some lg's i noticed have an "emulated" storage for instance the tab 4 7 states 0 , legacy which is different then what ive seen before ie my s2 my blaze etc
15th July 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
not sure
Not sure if it worked. And to let you know, I believe the internal could be the emu0lated one. And the storage low sfill comes up.
25th October 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #4  

8 posts
You could use foldermount app in the play store....at least for now until a better option comes around... It was a great help for the lg optimus f3....which by the way has 2gb internal...not to bash on it completely it had battery life like an old flip phone
25th October 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 411

1,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
Xposed mods will also accomplish this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread