Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone know if any custom rom's are coming?

Tip us?

cindylike24
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404-Not Found View Post
I was not trying to be mean, we're cool? BTW, when life gives you lemons make grape juice out of it.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520
We're cool. Your post came around the same time that some others came that I felt were attacking me for just asking a simple question. I was just extremely aggravated at some of the responses I was getting to my question. Like when the one person was asking if I was trolling, I just lost it. I'm not one that trolls any forum. I may lurk but I normally don't post unless I feel like I can be of help to someone (reason for my low post count). When I feel like I'm being attacked, I lash out and sometimes it's a lot harder than I intended for it to be after I've had some time to think about it.

Cindy

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukester69 View Post
I know what you are saying about custom Roms however it really depends on the build itself. There's good builds and buggy ones. That should be expected especially when they add features. I too have hosed my devices and brought them back to life. Part of going with custom Roms. I'm not a huge poster myself. I post like you to ask questions, request features and help others. Don't worry about arrogant posters, it's just something you need to take in stride on XDA. I do however think we can squeeze some more out of this tablet and stock Rom we have is not bad. I can live with it for a little longer but I have suffered FC's already and slow performance and to me this is really a need for a great quality custom Rom. Anyway, have a good day.
Thanks for the kind words. It makes me feel a lot better about posting on this forum.

Cindy

steve30x
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxcorex28 View Post
When you lose connection is your connection completely shutting off, a d doesn't display the wifi bars? I have AT&T Uverse, I'll have to shut the wifi off on occasion only because my tablet isnt connecting to the net
No my WIFI shows connected but my tablet refuses to connect to Facebook , Play Store and Youtube when the battery goes below 15%. I even tried disabling and re enabling the wifi but that doesnt help

cindylike24
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmtemnacr View Post
I'm the noobest person in xda and gonna make an AOSP rom for tab 4 10.1 since there is no custom rom for this device. Someone said that I need kernel sources, vendor and device tree to make a rom. I'm in search of them now. My toaster downloads a ****load of cygwin packages. I don't exactly know why I'm downloading cygwin. Lel. So help me please, anyone knows this tablet's vendor, kernel source, device tree or how to find them? I like pure android.
God be with you while you take on this endeavor. *praying hands*

Cindy

Flukester69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylike24 View Post
We're cool. Your post came around the same time that some others came that I felt were attacking me for just asking a simple question. I was just extremely aggravated at some of the responses I was getting to my question. Like when the one person was asking if I was trolling, I just lost it. I'm not one that trolls any forum. I may lurk but I normally don't post unless I feel like I can be of help to someone (reason for my low post count). When I feel like I'm being attacked, I lash out and sometimes it's a lot harder than I intended for it to be after I've had some time to think about it.

Cindy

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Thanks for the kind words. It makes me feel a lot better about posting on this forum.

Cindy
Based on your words, we are very alike. LoL! Except I've done the same thing more than you I think.

smknutson
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I think development for this device family is pretty much dead..
Palm FrankenPre+ Sprint
Samsung Galaxy S II i777 AT&T
Samsung Galaxy S 4 i337 AT&T
Samsung Galaxy S 5 G900A AT&T
HTC One m8 AT&T

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 151
No.... It hasn't started yet.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

jxcorex28
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Development hasn't started due to the lack of a fully working recovery...I'm not sure of the progress

absomni
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bloatware

So is there really a way to remove the bloatware yet? This is my first carrier-specific tab (Sprint); between their and Samsung's additions there's over 5 gigs dedicated to things I absolutely don't need.

nl3142
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by absomni View Post
So is there really a way to remove the bloatware yet? This is my first carrier-specific tab (Sprint); between their and Samsung's additions there's over 5 gigs dedicated to things I absolutely don't need.
You can do that as long as you have root with Titanium backup and similar apps which can backup and then remove system apps.