Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Tab 4 Soft-Bricked After trying to root

Tip us?
 
Tyandroid
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drive [Q] Galaxy Tab 4 Soft-Bricked After trying to root

Hi im new to this really i recently got the tab 4 and needed to root it so i can mirror my screen with the chrome-cast doggle for an application xbmc . I found guide on internet to use Odin to root it and ive used Odin before to root a few phones but when i tried to use the PDA option within ordin to apply the tar file that was in zip - CF-Auto-Root.tar the process started but then failed for some reason. The device then said i need to kies to emergency firmware restore but kies 3 said it does not support my device. Ive been looking for solution on net to no joy and now device must of died or somit but all i get is black screen and wont turn on. please help....
 
magda623
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 126
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Peoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyandroid View Post
Hi im new to this really i recently got the tab 4 and needed to root it so i can mirror my screen with the chrome-cast doggle for an application xbmc . I found guide on internet to use Odin to root it and ive used Odin before to root a few phones but when i tried to use the PDA option within ordin to apply the tar file that was in zip - CF-Auto-Root.tar the process started but then failed for some reason. The device then said i need to kies to emergency firmware restore but kies 3 said it does not support my device. Ive been looking for solution on net to no joy and now device must of died or somit but all i get is black screen and wont turn on. please help....
Which Tab4 do you have? Tmobile? If so I have a zip file you can use to odin back to stock. I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to root. Once it gets to that point, kies doesn't seem to function. But odin still recognizes the device. I have an SM-T337T. Let me know.
If I helped, hit thanks.

Samsung S4 M919
Cyan Hacker 4.4.4
Samsung 64GB Class 10 SD Card
GoLauncher Pro with Royal Cobalt theme

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T337T
Stock till root discovered
 
PrinceCorwin
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2012
Could you post the link of the rooting method site please?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
 
Tyandroid
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Cool 1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by magda623 View Post
Which Tab4 do you have? Tmobile? If so I have a zip file you can use to odin back to stock. I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to root. Once it gets to that point, kies doesn't seem to function. But odin still recognizes the device. I have an SM-T337T. Let me know.
MY galaxy tab 4 is the wifi version model SM-T230 and ive been trying to get stock file even tho its at that screen where it says

Firmware upgrade uncounted an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again.

its still in download mode so odin will fix it in theory. i downloaded this file named ;

T230NUUEU0ANE2_T230NUXAC0ANE2_HOME.tar.md5 but think its for another model coz of the NU after T230 that never worked and been looking for my model to to avail and im still green when you come to this i feel like im out my depth.

now when i connect it to kies it says device not supported and screen flashes on off. im using a win xp machine will that make any difference aswell.

thank you
 
magda623
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 126
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Peoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyandroid View Post
MY galaxy tab 4 is the wifi version model SM-T230 and ive been trying to get stock file even tho its at that screen where it says

Firmware upgrade uncounted an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again.

its still in download mode so odin will fix it in theory. i downloaded this file named ;

T230NUUEU0ANE2_T230NUXAC0ANE2_HOME.tar.md5 but think its for another model coz of the NU after T230 that never worked and been looking for my model to to avail and im still green when you come to this i feel like im out my depth.

now when i connect it to kies it says device not supported and screen flashes on off. im using a win xp machine will that make any difference aswell.

thank you
Only think i've found for that firmware is a UK version. Not quite sure why there isn't a US version readily available. Anyhow, You can download it from here. The version from June might be able to be rooted using towelroot. But the May version definately can be rooted using that method. Here is the link Hope it helps.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=BTU#firmware
If I helped, hit thanks.

Samsung S4 M919
Cyan Hacker 4.4.4
Samsung 64GB Class 10 SD Card
GoLauncher Pro with Royal Cobalt theme

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T337T
Stock till root discovered
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes