Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SMT530NU... which Twrp device name?

OP Ianlmt

13th December 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianlmt

If you find out let me know I would love to tinker and help with this, I am only just starting to learn Java programming.

btw, I installed this:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28887

via odin and got back to pre-update and used towelroot again... ROOTED!..

screw updates! they suck I swear I never gain functionality they just patch root methods!

I messed up and did the OTA too. I see you used the Canadian build but mine is from the US. What do you think I should do?
14th December 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #22  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 153

643 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgrecoFL

I messed up and did the OTA too. I see you used the Canadian build but mine is from the US. What do you think I should do?

Well. If Im correct, sammobile lists US device firmwares as Celluar South. Just find a firmware that has a date befkre towelroot was patched and pick celuar south.
16th December 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I am not sure, if I understand you.

If I want to root my device (SMT-530) with new firmware with Towelroot, do I need a "prepared" new firmware with an old kernel or can I download from sammobile an older firmware and just install it with odin?

Regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread