FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SMT530NU... which Twrp device name?

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By Ianlmt, Member on 2nd September 2014, 04:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th December 2014, 04:44 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianlmt

If you find out let me know I would love to tinker and help with this, I am only just starting to learn Java programming.

btw, I installed this:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28887

via odin and got back to pre-update and used towelroot again... ROOTED!..

screw updates! they suck I swear I never gain functionality they just patch root methods!

I messed up and did the OTA too. I see you used the Canadian build but mine is from the US. What do you think I should do?
 
 
14th December 2014, 02:06 AM |#22  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,517
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgrecoFL

I messed up and did the OTA too. I see you used the Canadian build but mine is from the US. What do you think I should do?

Well. If Im correct, sammobile lists US device firmwares as Celluar South. Just find a firmware that has a date befkre towelroot was patched and pick celuar south.
16th December 2014, 02:43 AM |#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am not sure, if I understand you.

If I want to root my device (SMT-530) with new firmware with Towelroot, do I need a "prepared" new firmware with an old kernel or can I download from sammobile an older firmware and just install it with odin?

Regards.
18th December 2014, 04:20 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Flag Renton, WA, USA
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Anyone knows if TWRP 2.8.1.0 work?
I found this link on TWRP website for the Tab4 7" It's it called the "degas", correct?
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/degas

Does anyone know if it works?

Thanks
30th December 2014, 05:24 PM |#25  
Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaG

I read somewhere that you can reroot if you replace the original boot.img i want to say it was. then you could root with towelroot, and then copy the new boot.img back on and root will stay. worth a try if you updated and still want root. you flash the file with odin. I could upload the boot.img from mine if we have the same one

Also, what version are you running now after updating? Is there a way to get this update to take a look at it? The SM-T530NU source from samsung is kitkat, not sure when it was uploaded, and im guessing it's the 4.4.2 i have now.

It appears the Source code from samsung is 4.4.1 which should be plenty to get a recovery working? How do we get more attention and someone with more knowhow to take a look at this? If we had a working recovery id at least try to port cyanogenmod to our device. i would test a real devs recovery but not trying myself with that

Any idea where you read this? I've got a tab 4 (TM-537V) that I'm trying to re-root after an OTA update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4. Towelroot worked on the previous version but doesn't work on the 4.4.4 version, so I'm looking for a workaround like this. I've got a tar/md5 boot.img from the 4.4.2 version, and could flash, but I'm worried it will brick...
1st January 2015, 03:27 PM |#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianlmt

Is there any custom recovery available for this Tab? It seems support for the tablets are slow so far, maybe because it is new? Not even sure how long it has been out for.

I am learning Java coding now and intend to start contributing to the community at some point.

I'm glad I was able to get it rooted at least.

I tried using towelroot and my SM-T530NU told me there was no support for it. I did not know about the update and know nothing of how to get back to a state where I can root this thing. - Really in the dark about how to do this, am tired of not being able to transfer and run apps from sd card as the device only has 16g.

Any help would be great!!!
3rd January 2015, 12:08 AM |#27  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,517
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaerdeve

I am not sure, if I understand you.

If I want to root my device (SMT-530) with new firmware with Towelroot, do I need a "prepared" new firmware with an old kernel or can I download from sammobile an older firmware and just install it with odin?

Regards.

I think you just need an old firmware before June from sammobile and install it with Odin. though I can't confirmn100% towelroot will work if you downgrade to an older firmware but it's worth a try.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnerger

I tried using towelroot and my SM-T530NU told me there was no support for it. I did not know about the update and know nothing of how to get back to a state where I can root this thing. - Really in the dark about how to do this, am tired of not being able to transfer and run apps from sd card as the device only has 16g.

Any help would be great!!!

Root with twrp. Just flash Tue recovery with Odin and reboot into recovery. It should then prompt you to install supersu and root your device. Here's the thread if your not worried about Knox. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2830798

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrkusd

Any idea where you read this? I've got a tab 4 (TM-537V) that I'm trying to re-root after an OTA update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4. Towelroot worked on the previous version but doesn't work on the 4.4.4 version, so I'm looking for a workaround like this. I've got a tar/md5 boot.img from the 4.4.2 version, and could flash, but I'm worried it will brick...

Depending if your bootloader is locked or not, as long you find a kernel/build before June then towelroot should work. It shouldn't brick your tablet ifnyou downgrade but ensure that the old firmware is from your country and model. Up to you to decide!
3rd January 2015, 12:16 AM |#28  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,517
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert269

I found this link on TWRP website for the Tab4 7" It's it called the "degas", correct?
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/degas

Does anyone know if it works?

Thanks

Check your build prop. Download build prop editor and you should see the stuff without root. Then look for ro.build.product and there should be your device model. Since I own a tab s here's what mine looks like so yours may vary. Picture below.

Or you can flash twrp with odin on this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2830030
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1420244166914.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	3094795  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes