These 3 tablets need their own sub-forum

30th August 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 12

330 posts
Hi Guys,

I have the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, and I must admit it is difficult to search for threads specific to this device, mostly because the threads are so generic for what is 3 different models (7" 8" & 10.1"). Even the processors are different, which could get people into trouble.

I've already requested a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 forum. It makes sense since there is already a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 forum. But I am curious to know member thoughts as to if there really is a need or I am just missing something.
30th August 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vincennes, IN
Thanks Meter: 10

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss

Hi Guys,

I have the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, and I must admit it is difficult to search for threads specific to this device, mostly because the threads are so generic for what is 3 different models (7" 8" & 10.1"). Even the processors are different, which could get people into trouble.

I've already requested a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 forum. It makes sense since there is already a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 forum. But I am curious to know member thoughts as to if there really is a need or I am just missing something.

You are not missing one thing here. There really does need to be separate forums for each size of Galaxy Tab 4 series of tablets. I've got the 8" model and I'd really love a forum just for that tablet. Tab 2 and Tab 3 have forums for each size why shouldn't the Tab 4 tablets be any different?

Cindy

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
31st August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 127

1,234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylike24

You are not missing one thing here. There really does need to be separate forums for each size of Galaxy Tab 4 series of tablets. I've got the 8" model and I'd really love a forum just for that tablet. Tab 2 and Tab 3 have forums for each size why shouldn't the Tab 4 tablets be any different?

Cindy

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Later on they probably will, but there are just way to many models and new users will post all over the place in the wrong sections.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520
31st August 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 12

330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404-Not Found

Later on they probably will, but there are just way to many models and new users will post all over the place in the wrong sections.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520

True, but by having only 1 forum the stuff is all over the place. Might as well start off split up so that people don't get confused. It would be consistent with other versions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ramiss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss

True, but by having only 1 forum the stuff is all over the place. Might as well start off split up so that people don't get confused. It would be consistent with other versions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

I fully support. The time has come to make a division
26th September 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag leeds
Thanks Meter: 600

1,393 posts
More
hi folks

we understand you want separate forums for the different versions (3,4 etc)

we split the forums based on several factors , not least of which is popularity and interest.

we'll monitor the traffic and flag your request to the admins as things get busier. at that stage a decision will be made as to if we split the forums.
26th September 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd1a1

hi folks

we understand you want separate forums for the different versions (3,4 etc)

we split the forums based on several factors , not least of which is popularity and interest.

we'll monitor the traffic and flag your request to the admins as things get busier. at that stage a decision will be made as to if we split the forums.

Thank you very much .
27th September 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 25

298 posts
More
I agree there should be separate threads for each device - I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8". Each device has different specs.
Yesterday, 01:23 PM   |  #9  
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 3,480

3,412 posts
More
Discussing this request with one of the forum mods for this section.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread