Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

These 3 tablets need their own sub-forum

OP ramiss

30th August 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 22
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Hi Guys,

I have the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, and I must admit it is difficult to search for threads specific to this device, mostly because the threads are so generic for what is 3 different models (7" 8" & 10.1"). Even the processors are different, which could get people into trouble.

I've already requested a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 forum. It makes sense since there is already a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 forum. But I am curious to know member thoughts as to if there really is a need or I am just missing something.
30th August 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Vincennes, IN
Thanks Meter: 11
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss

Hi Guys,

I have the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, and I must admit it is difficult to search for threads specific to this device, mostly because the threads are so generic for what is 3 different models (7" 8" & 10.1"). Even the processors are different, which could get people into trouble.

I've already requested a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 forum. It makes sense since there is already a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 forum. But I am curious to know member thoughts as to if there really is a need or I am just missing something.

You are not missing one thing here. There really does need to be separate forums for each size of Galaxy Tab 4 series of tablets. I've got the 8" model and I'd really love a forum just for that tablet. Tab 2 and Tab 3 have forums for each size why shouldn't the Tab 4 tablets be any different?

Cindy

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
31st August 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #3  
404-Not Found's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 131
 
1,249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylike24

You are not missing one thing here. There really does need to be separate forums for each size of Galaxy Tab 4 series of tablets. I've got the 8" model and I'd really love a forum just for that tablet. Tab 2 and Tab 3 have forums for each size why shouldn't the Tab 4 tablets be any different?

Cindy

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Later on they probably will, but there are just way to many models and new users will post all over the place in the wrong sections.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520
31st August 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 22
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404-Not Found

Later on they probably will, but there are just way to many models and new users will post all over the place in the wrong sections.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520

True, but by having only 1 forum the stuff is all over the place. Might as well start off split up so that people don't get confused. It would be consistent with other versions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ramiss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 13
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss

True, but by having only 1 forum the stuff is all over the place. Might as well start off split up so that people don't get confused. It would be consistent with other versions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

I fully support. The time has come to make a division
26th September 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #6  
chrisd1a1's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag leeds
Thanks Meter: 602
 
1,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
hi folks

we understand you want separate forums for the different versions (3,4 etc)

we split the forums based on several factors , not least of which is popularity and interest.

we'll monitor the traffic and flag your request to the admins as things get busier. at that stage a decision will be made as to if we split the forums.
26th September 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #7  
Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 13
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd1a1

hi folks

we understand you want separate forums for the different versions (3,4 etc)

we split the forums based on several factors , not least of which is popularity and interest.

we'll monitor the traffic and flag your request to the admins as things get busier. at that stage a decision will be made as to if we split the forums.

Thank you very much .
27th September 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
I agree there should be separate threads for each device - I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8". Each device has different specs.
29th September 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #9  
svetius's Avatar
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 4,047
 
3,526 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Discussing this request with one of the forum mods for this section.
6th October 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
i second the wish for seperate (sub-?) forums!
As far as i understand it the different Tab 4 models have such a different hardware base, dont they?
So topics like firmeware, recoveries and even rooting only work with specific models.. .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes