Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help asap] Galaxy tab 4 stuck in Odin/recovery mode.

Tip us?

sirplzcalmdown
Old
(Last edited by sirplzcalmdown; 12th August 2014 at 02:45 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Help asap] Galaxy tab 4 stuck in Odin/recovery mode.

I tried going on Reddit, but they never answered my question so I thought you guys could help me out.

So, I just got my tablet today, and this was my second time ever flashing anything. I tried to flash it via Odin. Didn't work. Ended up getting stuck on the download screen on the tablet and the program wasn't really doing anything on my computer, so I figured it froze and I disconnected the tablet from the computer. I rebooted the tablet. It ended up booting into the recovery screen. It says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies, and try again." So I figured I would try it. I downloaded Kies 3, and connected the device. No success. Said the device isn't supported in Kies 3. So I downloaded just regular Kies, and connected the tablet. It connects and disconnects about 3 times and then it will attempt to make a connection forever with no success. I just don't know what to do and need help. I can kik, skype, message you, whatever will help me unbrick this stupid tablet. lol. Also, I can't go into download mode, so I can't stockrom it I don't think

Could you guys help me out? It'd be much appreciated. Thank you.

PS: I can't even ****ing get Odin to even recognize that the device is even there.

DelphinusMinor
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirplzcalmdown View Post
I tried going on Reddit, but they never answered my question so I thought you guys could help me out.

So, I just got my tablet today, and this was my second time ever flashing anything. I tried to flash it via Odin. Didn't work. Ended up getting stuck on the download screen on the tablet and the program wasn't really doing anything on my computer, so I figured it froze and I disconnected the tablet from the computer. I rebooted the tablet. It ended up booting into the recovery screen. It says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies, and try again." So I figured I would try it. I downloaded Kies 3, and connected the device. No success. Said the device isn't supported in Kies 3. So I downloaded just regular Kies, and connected the tablet. It connects and disconnects about 3 times and then it will attempt to make a connection forever with no success. I just don't know what to do and need help. I can kik, skype, message you, whatever will help me unbrick this stupid tablet. lol. Also, I can't go into download mode, so I can't stockrom it I don't think

Could you guys help me out? It'd be much appreciated. Thank you.

PS: I can't even ****ing get Odin to even recognize that the device is even there.
Try this and get back to us.

While booted and while it's in the bootloop hold volume up, home and power until it turns off. DO NOT let those buttons go when this happens. Keep holding them all until the first splash screen(Tab 4 or whatever it says) appears again. As soon as you see that, let go of the power button while continuing to hold vol up and home.

A second or two after letting go of power you should see recovery mode. If you can get there, update the thread.

Also, you may need to reinstall the USB drivers. They are a real pain and when I have soft bricked my devices in past I found I had to install them over and over.

Good luck!

FYI, Kies is utter trash. I have never had success with it. Ever. Not even one single time with my Tab 3, Tab 4, S3 or Note 2.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

BTW, I suppose I should be telling you how to get into download mode. It would be easier for you to just flash a stock rom for your device.

So while your tablet is in the bootloop repeat the above steps cept instead of holding VOL UP, you hold VOL DOWN and do everything else the same.

Hopefully you will be prompted to hit volume up to get into download mode. If so, you should be set.

At that point you would get open Odin and flash the stock firmware for your device.

Remember you may need to reinstall the USB drivers a few times and this important, while installing them make sure your tablet is NOT plugged in. When they are done installing, then you plug your device in.

I hope I haven't confused you. =-}

---------- Post added 12th August 2014 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 11th August 2014 at 11:54 PM ----------

I am going to be going to bed soon. I hope you get this sorted. I'll check back tomorrow sometime.
iPhone 4S
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy Discover
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8 inch
ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

+++ Del (Jason)