Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lockscreen Widgets

Tip us?
 
kakaana
Old
#1  
kakaana's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 231
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Lockscreen Widgets

I am unable to find lockscreen widgets on my device
Does anyone know if this feature is present or not??
 
404-Not Found
Old
#2  
404-Not Found's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 1,219
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakaana View Post
I am unable to find lockscreen widgets on my device
Does anyone know if this feature is present or not??
They are not available. The only lock screen widget available is the music widget.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
 
Zydler
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404-Not Found View Post
They are not available. The only lock screen widget available is the music widget.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
That is indeed very strange.
Lockscreen widgets were introduced in Jelly Bean 4.2 and should have been in Android 4.4.2 provided by Samsung.
 
404-Not Found
Old
#4  
404-Not Found's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 1,219
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydler View Post
That is indeed very strange.
Lockscreen widgets were introduced in Jelly Bean 4.2 and should have been in Android 4.4.2 provided by Samsung.
Well, until a CynaogenMod ROM becomes available lock screen widgets are not available. There might be replacement lock screens in the play store but I cannot confirm,

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes