No WiFi connection to Android Hotspot

28th July 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108

533 posts
More
Hall,
I got a TM530, rooted with Towelroot, no modifications otherwise.
When trying to connect to phone's WiFi Hotspot im getting asked for the password, after entering it there's the message "Connecting..." for a second or so - but I won't get a connection [emoji17]
A few days ago this was no problem - I'm a bit lost here.
My phone's running with Slimkat ROM with two weeks old weekly build, didn't change anything there, too.
Changing Hotspot setup and deleting the connection from WiFi menu on the tablet led to no success either 😑

Any hints anyone? I'd appreciate
30th July 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 63

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky69

Hall,
I got a TM530, rooted with Towelroot, no modifications otherwise.
When trying to connect to phone's WiFi Hotspot im getting asked for the password, after entering it there's the message "Connecting..." for a second or so - but I won't get a connection [emoji17]
A few days ago this was no problem - I'm a bit lost here.
My phone's running with Slimkat ROM with two weeks old weekly build, didn't change anything there, too.
Changing Hotspot setup and deleting the connection from WiFi menu on the tablet led to no success either 😑

Any hints anyone? I'd appreciate

Pretty common problem tethering from a phone to tablet with the native tether method due to its lack of settings. Download the app WIFItether Router by Fabio Grasso. When you set it up, under "hotspot/tethering settings" make your SSID whatever you desire, use wpa2-psk for encryption type, then set a password, and desired channel (I usually use 11). Then under "device settings" for Interface select wlan1, under method use Method 3-HostApd, under drivers select nl80211, select WiFi -g for wifi mode. Then under "tweaks" check MTU adjust and also check HostApd patch. Now go back and select "enable wifi router". That should solve your issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread