Marshmallow for AT&T variant?

Search This thread

razorseal

Oct 6, 2006
South FL
Hey guys,

I'm gonna search but I figured I ask in the meantime... is there a possibility of 6.0.1 coming to tab 4 that's on AT&T? I'm primarily interested in doze for tian device so I can get longer standby times...

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm gonna search but I figured I ask in the meantime... is there a possibility of 6.0.1 coming to tab 4 that's on AT&T? I'm primarily interested in doze for tian device so I can get longer standby times...

Thanks!

Not going to happen. Samsung only develops for devices for a two year window, which the tab 4 is no longer in. Plus this device is a low priority for Samsung; there are some tab 4 variants which still haven't even received a lollipop update. Finally, the AT&T devices have locked bootloaders, so there's no ROM development now and likely never will be. So in short, there's virtually no chance of your device getting marshmallow. Sorry

Reactions: repey6

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
Not going to happen. Samsung only develops for devices for a two year window, which the tab 4 is no longer in. Plus this device is a low priority for Samsung; there are some tab 4 variants which still haven't even received a lollipop update. Finally, the AT&T devices have locked bootloaders, so there's no ROM development now and likely never will be. So in short, there's virtually no chance of your device getting marshmallow. Sorry
Did the tab 4 come out the same year as the note 4? If so, shouldn't the tab 4 also be getting marshmellow? I think samsung's reasoning behind it may be because it is too slow

Did the tab 4 come out the same year as the note 4? If so, shouldn't the tab 4 also be getting marshmellow? I think samsung's reasoning behind it may be because it is too slow

It came out in May of 2014. The real reason is it's not enough of a flagship device (i.e. not a big seller) for Samsung to care about. We can talk ourselves around in circles, but at the end of the day, this device is not going to see Marshmallow (other than Cyanogenmod 13, which is impossible for the AT&T and Verizon variants due to the locked bootloader nightmare)

Reactions: repey6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Thanks!

It came out in May of 2014. The real reason is it's not enough of a flagship device (i.e. not a big seller) for Samsung to care about. We can talk ourselves around in circles, but at the end of the day, this device is not going to see Marshmallow (other than Cyanogenmod 13, which is impossible for the AT&T and Verizon variants due to the locked bootloader nightmare)