[Q&A] [ROM][STOCK][T330NU] Stocked v1.1 & SuperStocked v1.0

Search This thread
Apr 25, 2013
Sydney
I think i've recieved enough evidence to find a conclusive answer, so I will try not to break my device, but know that if I do, I will be able to repair it.

On another note, I have uninstalled the packages mentioned and that freed up a bit of RAM. Is their any other things that I can uninstall? I have already uninstalled a lot more packages anyway, but I might of missed something.

Also, a kernal would be good, so I can change voltages, etc.

MarkusMcNugen

Jun 9, 2012
I think i've recieved enough evidence to find a conclusive answer, so I will try not to break my device, but know that if I do, I will be able to repair it.

On another note, I have uninstalled the packages mentioned and that freed up a bit of RAM. Is their any other things that I can uninstall? I have already uninstalled a lot more packages anyway, but I might of missed something.

Also, a kernal would be good, so I can change voltages, etc.

It's more or less a guessing game. I have to be careful about what I remove from the ROMs so they work out of the box they way people may need. Ive done almost all the debloating I could without breaking stuff, but I'll remove apks if it's confirmed they are useless bloat. I basically just google search the name of the apk and see if there is any mention of what it does, then remove it and see if it broke anything.

A lot of getting this ROM going is just testing. As for the kernel, I don't know where to get the kernel source for our devices. The most I can do is unpack the boot.img and add my own scripts. I'm working on getting init.d in the kernel, and possible seeing if I can get root integrated into the kernel. That's about the best I can do.

I generally only have time to work on the ROM on weekends. Add in having to test everything all the time and trying to figure out why something didn't work and I just don't have as much time as I'd like...

Apr 25, 2013
Sydney
Another question, will you ever implement ART into your ROM, because if it was enabled, I could see the tablet being a lot faster. In the mean time, is it at all possible to enable ART? I have heard that with the 7" model that it can be enabled but it goes in a boot loop. Is that the same with this model?

MarkusMcNugen

Jun 9, 2012
Another question, will you ever implement ART into your ROM, because if it was enabled, I could see the tablet being a lot faster. In the mean time, is it at all possible to enable ART? I have heard that with the 7" model that it can be enabled but it goes in a boot loop. Is that the same with this model?
I can try. But chances are if it doesn't work on the 7" it won't work for the 8". For the most part they run the same software. Some of the system files were compiled specific to its hardware, but for the most part they are the same. This ROM was apparently flashed onto a T230NU by someone and it booted just fine. Who knows how many errors were being thrown while booting but my points made.

I'll try but don't hold your breath. Without a device tree and kernel source I don't think it will be possible. From what I've read the problem with the bootloop has to do with the kernel not supporting ART. If true that means no ART without custom compiled kernels.

MarkusMcNugen

Jun 9, 2012
I did try this method of turning on ART

http://androidhackz.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/how-to-switch-from-dalvik-to-art.html

But when I changed the text of the file and rebooted, it created a new file called exactly the same name, with the original text and used it.

That's because Samsung doesn't include the libart.so lib file with our devices. Hence why they completely removed the option from settings.

EDIT: Okay, after some digging I've found a few things. libart.so and libart-compiler.so are not included with our devices in the /system/lib folder. core-libart.jar isn't included in /system/framework. And it appears that persists.sys.dalvik.vm.lib is mentioned several times in the framework files and some lib files.

I don't think its possible on our stock Roms. Probably on a custom ROM like CM or LS, but not stock.

Last edited:

Shadowwar1776

Feb 1, 2015
Android. Process. Acore

I keep getting persistent force closes due to Android. Process. Acore.
Is there a fix for this yet?

joeshmoe666

Jan 30, 2015
Saint Petersburg
what's up with all these apps?

I recently installed super stocked. This was the first time I ever tried to install a custom ROM. First thing I did was wipe my data , cache and dalvick cache. When I browse to application manager~all there is a lot of apps that shouldn't be there. They don't appear in my app drawer. So what did I do wrong? Or what didn't happen? BTW tthanks for all the hard worvk

MarkusMcNugen

Jun 9, 2012
I recently installed super stocked. This was the first time I ever tried to install a custom ROM. First thing I did was wipe my data , cache and dalvick cache. When I browse to application manager~all there is a lot of apps that shouldn't be there. They don't appear in my app drawer. So what did I do wrong? Or what didn't happen? BTW tthanks for all the hard worvk

Bare with me here. I'm basically trying to hit a reset button at the moment. I'm going to completely try to recreate the ROM from a different firmware source and see what I can do about some of these problems.

Of course my Windows 10 just became corrupt from trying to uninstall virtual box. So I have to reinstall all my programs and get everything back.

Reactions: Shadowwar1776

Jaystruct5

Mar 26, 2015
SuperStock and Beyond

Hello,

I have the T 330 NU model. Got it to replace a few other unnecessary devices I had laying around.

I'm a long supporter of all things android., and hate when other's like Samsung try to put their own spin on it to make it more appealing. I think that they went overboard with touchwiz since it was unnecessary from the get go. If Samsung gave a choice of UI for the consumers instead I bet they would sell more products in the long run.

So far this device does exactly what I need it for. Only thing that I have a issue is unnecessary touch wiz lagging my device I paid $200 for. I use this device in so many ways productively that I would pay more just to have pure android if I could afford it. Pure android with SDcard capabilities is a huge deciding factor or I would have the Nexus 7 still.

That all being said, As a father of 3 and a husband who juggles that and maintains a good job and goes to college. I more than get how time management can become a joke especially when you express your exhaustion to anybody else who can't sympathize your same situation.

Looking forward to next build of SUPER STOCKED. I didn't get a chance to install that version.

Any chancel of designing a ROM for individuals who not only have handicaps with there vision and or sensitivity to light? A ROM that uses the absolute lowest pixel amount or pure black for every thing in the UI.

Thanks just a thought. I know I am more than willing to add any support needed I don't have much experience but if donations help them sign me. Time is more than just money, but it helps make life easier giving more time for play.

Thank you for your time.​

JustZaphod

Oct 22, 2013
Nowhere
Hello,

I have the T 330 NU model. Got it to replace a few other unnecessary devices I had laying around.

I'm a long supporter of all things android., and hate when other's like Samsung try to put their own spin on it to make it more appealing. I think that they went overboard with touchwiz since it was unnecessary from the get go. If Samsung gave a choice of UI for the consumers instead I bet they would sell more products in the long run.

So far this device does exactly what I need it for. Only thing that I have a issue is unnecessary touch wiz lagging my device I paid $200 for. I use this device in so many ways productively that I would pay more just to have pure android if I could afford it. Pure android with SDcard capabilities is a huge deciding factor or I would have the Nexus 7 still.

That all being said, As a father of 3 and a husband who juggles that and maintains a good job and goes to college. I more than get how time management can become a joke especially when you express your exhaustion to anybody else who can't sympathize your same situation.

Looking forward to next build of SUPER STOCKED. I didn't get a chance to install that version.

Any chancel of designing a ROM for individuals who not only have handicaps with there vision and or sensitivity to light? A ROM that uses the absolute lowest pixel amount or pure black for every thing in the UI.

Thanks just a thought. I know I am more than willing to add any support needed I don't have much experience but if donations help them sign me. Time is more than just money, but it helps make life easier giving more time for play.

Thank you for your time.​

I hate to be the one to say this, but the ones like us that own this device..
We are stuck with what we got.. I maybe a long while before someone takes a try and developing for this device..
I personally on my spare time, since all the Galaxy tabs are all using the same hardware, and given my extreme limited experience with modding Android.. I'm looking at some roms that are already out for other Galaxy tab 4 devices.. and just modifying the Update Script, and some changes to the build prop.. Absolutely no promises.. Other than that... I'm thinking of putting my Galaxy Tab up on eBay and use that money to get me a Nexus 9..

glockcoma25

Apr 13, 2015
Anyone have SuperStocked v1.0 1 2 for T330nu?

Just wondering if someone would have a link where to download the superstocked firmware for the samsung tab4 t330nu. This tab litteraly has no moded firmware and I think everyone is stuck with stock. I noticed a few people in the threads that said they tested SuperStocked v1.0 1 2, it would be very helpfull if someone could proved a link where to get it or any other moded firmwares for the same device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bare with me here. I'm basically trying to hit a reset button at the moment. I'm going to completely try to recreate the ROM from a different firmware source and see what I can do about some of these problems.

Of course my Windows 10 just became corrupt from trying to uninstall virtual box. So I have to reinstall all my programs and get everything back.