FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Screen stays on?

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By FroznArrow, Junior Member on 21st July 2014, 05:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone else noticing their tab screen randomly staying on?

It's always the same, screen randomly turns on and stays at the locked screen. It does this until I interact with it, or until it runs the battery dry.

It's sporadic, sometimes when charging or not even touched.
I haven't been able to isolate what triggers the screen to turn on.
One night it was charging face up and it just turned on and stayed on.
The other day, I left it in a drawer fully charged and came back to it completely drained.
Most other times it just happens when it's laying around.

Sometimes it stays on with notifications, sometimes no notifications.
But during the nights, I have it on blocking mode, so notifications wouldn't trigger the screen.
I also made sure daydream mode and stay awake are both off.

At a total loss here.
Anyone else have this issue?


Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
6th September 2014, 07:34 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Still suffering from this issue... Anyone else?
Bump

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
7th September 2014, 04:55 AM |#3  
Toneman07's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Henderson
Thanks Meter: 81
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznArrow

Still suffering from this issue... Anyone else?
Bump

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

I was having this issue when I had the brightness turned all the way up. The phone would randomly wake itself up. Try switching your time off to five minutes and turn off the smart stay. Worked for me and fixed my battery issue
7th September 2014, 06:22 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneman07

I was having this issue when I had the brightness turned all the way up. The phone would randomly wake itself up. Try switching your time off to five minutes and turn off the smart stay. Worked for me and fixed my battery issue

My brightness is never all the way off, most of the time it's actually all the way down.
Time off has been switched between all the times, and smart stay has never been on.

Can't seem to figure it out.
7th September 2014, 06:25 AM |#5  
Toneman07's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Henderson
Thanks Meter: 81
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznArrow

My brightness is never all the way off, most of the time it's actually all the way down.
Time off has been switched between all the times, and smart stay has never been on.

Can't seem to figure it out.

Weird... Mine only did it with bright all the way up. Have you tried factory reset?
7th September 2014, 03:35 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yep, no luck.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes