5,814,981 Members 41,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

64GB SD Support?

Tip us?

mabru2001
Old
(Last edited by mabru2001; 29th July 2014 at 03:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Camera 64GB SD Support?

So I have a Tab 4 7inch wifi only on order right now and am wondering if it supports the 64GB or even 128GB SD cards. I seen something listing that only the LTE model supports the 64 and the wifi only supports the 32. I am using a eyefi and want to use the tab as a larger screen viewer and backup as I shoot.

If not would it just be a hack someday since it seems odd that they would actually change the SD readers on devices that are essentially the same just missing a radio.

404-Not Found
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
So I have a Tab 4 7inch wifi only on order right now and am wondering if it supports the 64GB or even 128GB SD cards. I seen something listing that only the LTE model supports the 64 and the wifi only supports the 32. I am using a eyefi and want to use the tab as a larger screen viewer and backup as I shoot.

If not would it just be a hack someday since it seems odd that they would actually change the SD readers on devices that are essentially the same just missing a radio.
I believe it does work with 64 GB cards but I have only tested mine to 32 GB (definitely works). And about 128GB that is definetly not available.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

raitchison
Old
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post

I can't confirm for the 7" but I'm using a 64GB microSD card in my 8" and have no problems.
Current: AT&T Gakaxy S4, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Past: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Motorola Atrix, T-Mobile G2, T-Mobile G1

ROM Manager - Creating indentured novices since 2011

nl3142
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404-Not Found View Post
I believe it does work with 64 GB cards but I have only tested mine to 32 GB (definitely works). And about 128GB that is definetly not available.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app
I can confirm that the 64GB card works in the 7.0, at least if you format it as FAT32. Also, 128GB microsd cards are out though you have to order them online (amazon link)

DroidOSnewb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I pulled the 64 go card out of my go pro and put it in my fresh out the box tab 4 7.0 sm-t230nu and it showed up fine as 59 gigs total and 56 free. I've been able to move apps to it and run fine. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the swap so it will only run the owner off the 8 gig internal and auto install everything else to sd.
?

jxcorex28
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Which manufacturers ? Does it matter ?

frenziedfemale
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidOSnewb View Post
I pulled the 64 go card out of my go pro and put it in my fresh out the box tab 4 7.0 sm-t230nu and it showed up fine as 59 gigs total and 56 free. I've been able to move apps to it and run fine. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the swap so it will only run the owner off the 8 gig internal and auto install everything else to sd.
?
I didn't think that the newer versions of Android allowed for moving apps to SD anymore. After reading your post, I gave it a shot and...voila! Thanks for that.

sparker366
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
I have a 64gb in mine and it's fine. As stated 59gb was seen.

Get this and it allows everything you need. I use it for my usenet app and it saves everything to the SD card.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.extcardpatch

sk8trix
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker366 View Post
I have a 64gb in mine and it's fine. As stated 59gb was seen.

Get this and it allows everything you need. I use it for my usenet app and it saves everything to the SD card.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.extcardpatch
I have tried my 64 and 32 GB cards and they work.

Sent from my SM-T237P using XDA Premium HD app
AT&T and Sprint Galaxy S III Quantum ROM & Kernel
AT&T Galaxy S 4 Liquid Smooth ROM 4.4.4
Nexus 7 LTE (2013) Carbon ROM 4.4.2
AT&T Galaxy S 5 Stock 4.4.2
Galaxy Gear Null ROM
Sprint Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T237P
Follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7...sQKpy3kNfmYIxA

DroidOSnewb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
I didn't think that the newer versions of Android allowed for moving apps to SD anymore. After reading your post, I gave it a shot and...voila! Thanks for that.
For some things it wont work automatically when using the default app manager in the settings. Apps like link2sd and foldermount bypass the factory limitations for moving the apps to external sd. I try to keep everything on my 64gb card. I wonder if the 128gb cards are supported?