[Q] SM-T330 vs SM-T330NU - firmware

OP samitro

31st August 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
Are the firmwares for the tablets in subject interchangeable? the NU is the North American version and I'm wondering if I could flash a European version of the T330 to support mode languages. I want to add that sammobile has the firmwares listed under different codes.

Anybody knows if it is possible to flash an LTE firmware on the WIFI version of the same tablet? Thanks
Last edited by samitro; 31st August 2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added comment
31st August 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 129

1,247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samitro

Are the firmwares for the tablets in subject interchangeable? the NU is the North American version and I'm wondering if I could flash a European version of the T330 to support mode languages. I want to add that sammobile has the firmwares listed under different codes.

Anybody knows if it is possible to flash an LTE firmware on the WIFI version of the same tablet? Thanks

I dont know, but I highly advise not install LTE on WiFi only tab, since there are hardware differences and you most likely will brick your tab

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520
2nd September 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

37 posts
More
Hi,

do you've already got any further information on this? For I have the same problem: in the US we purchased a tab for my mom, but she isn't doing too well with the english UI (though she already got used to it - it's still android, after all ).

Anyway: there's also a WiFi-Version (SM-T330NZWADBT) of this tablet. Is there anywhere a firmware available for download for this particular model? And: is the firmware interchangeable in this case, as it's wifi-to-wifi straight?

Regards,
mh166
2nd September 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 20

37 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh166

Hi,

do you've already got any further information on this? For I have the same problem: in the US we purchased a tab for my mom, but she isn't doing too well with the english UI (though she already got used to it - it's still android, after all ).

Anyway: there's also a WiFi-Version (SM-T330NZWADBT) of this tablet. Is there anywhere a firmware available for download for this particular model? And: is the firmware interchangeable in this case, as it's wifi-to-wifi straight?

Regards,
mh166

So can I install firmware from sm-t230 on sm-t230NU cause I want Polish language. or it's hidden and hidden languages are achievable with morelocale2?
6th September 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
"Locale More" did the job for me, all it requires is to run one adb command and it works well without root.
Last edited by samitro; 6th September 2014 at 08:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread