FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

SM-T337T looking for root method

29th December 2014, 10:42 PM |#31  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

Someone is working to try to port safestrap to our locked bootloader 337a and 337v. Hopefully this will happen and then you can root if towelroot doesn't work for you.

Ok, it's my friends tablet, I haven't tried towelroot, I'm hesitant to because on my Asus ME301T it almost ruined it trying to access the towelroot website, what version of towelroot would it be?
Last edited by Zephead; 29th December 2014 at 10:49 PM.

30th December 2014, 05:43 PM |#32  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 599

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephead

Ok, it's my friends tablet, I haven't tried towelroot, I'm hesitant to because on my Asus ME301T it almost ruined it trying to access the towelroot website, what version of towelroot would it be?

The last and latest version worked for me. As long as the kernel is before I believe October, then tr will work. I don't understand how it could have almost ruined it because if it's not supported it just aborts.
31st January 2015, 04:53 AM |#33  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Question looking for root
Did you ever get your sm-t337v to root? Custom rom?
17th February 2015, 12:34 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
yea, I just got the verizon tab 4 (T337V) and am looking for root. hopefully someone smarter than me can figure this out. i havent even figured out how to get into the bootloader. My T-Mo S4 was so much simpler than this
17th February 2015, 12:43 AM |#35  
Flag Peoria
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3xx3r

yea, I just got the verizon tab 4 (T337V) and am looking for root. hopefully someone smarter than me can figure this out. i havent even figured out how to get into the bootloader. My T-Mo S4 was so much simpler than this

Chainfire has a root for the tab. Google his cf-autoroot. An unofficial version of twrp is out too
17th February 2015, 01:13 AM |#36  

More
I can't find either cf-autoroot or twrp for the verizon galaxy tab 4.
17th February 2015, 10:19 PM |#37  
Flag Peoria
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3xx3r

I can't find either cf-autoroot or twrp for the verizon galaxy tab 4.

Well real quick. Not to be a douche, but this thread is for the t-mobile version. Second you need to unlock your bootloader before you can root anything. Then the autoroot should work.
18th February 2015, 08:20 AM |#38  

More
yea, saying you arent trying to be a douche doesnt make you not a douche. Also, i wasn't the first person to bring up the verizon version, and I initially just made a comment saying I hope someone can figure out how to root the verizon version, you than told me someone had and i should google it, which i did and couldnt find anything, so i replied hoping you remembered where or how you found it. i figured the bootloader is locked on this verizon pos but havent seen anyone specifically confirm that and havent found any unlock for it so i was hoping verizon wasnt douchy with this device, but i do not mind waiting for someone to figure it out. I would try and figure out how to do this kind of stuff myself but someone else bought the tablet for me and i cant risk bricking it.

tl;dr i am glad there are people out there smarter than me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread