Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q]How to install Themer skin file

OP Tuanie

10th July 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Hi, I'm a new android user. Just found out about Themer. Saw a skin that I like from one of the designer. He emailed me the skin file.
How do I install the skin file onto Themer? I have the file on my computer already. Can you guide me the steps to get the skin on my themer please. I'm using htc one m8, latest version. and the skin name is ORMINT. thank you
10th July 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 452
 
986 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuanie

Hi, I'm a new android user. Just found out about Themer. Saw a skin that I like from one of the designer. He emailed me the skin file.
How do I install the skin file onto Themer? I have the file on my computer already. Can you guide me the steps to get the skin on my themer please. I'm using htc one m8, latest version. and the skin name is ORMINT. thank you

Hi!

It's very easy, but first you need to make sure that the .zip file has the same resolution as your phone. As it's not an official theme just yet you need to verify first, we'd say try it first though and if it doesn't work you might have to wait until the theme gets ported into Themer.

So for now, all you have to do is to paste the .zip file into the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip folder. The theme will now appear in the Exported tab of the My Themes section. Good luck!
10th July 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

Hi!

It's very easy, but first you need to make sure that the .zip file has the same resolution as your phone. As it's not an official theme just yet you need to verify first, we'd say try it first though and if it doesn't work you might have to wait until the theme gets ported into Themer.

So for now, all you have to do is to paste the .zip file into the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip folder. The theme will now appear in the Exported tab of the My Themes section. Good luck!


Thank you for the reply. I do not have the " SDcard " option. All I can see is
Internal storage/ mycolorscreen/Themer
and thats it, I dont see the " Exported or the zip folder name.
11th July 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #4  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 452
 
986 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuanie

Thank you for the reply. I do not have the " SDcard " option. All I can see is
Internal storage/ mycolorscreen/Themer
and thats it, I dont see the " Exported or the zip folder name.

Try this:

1. Long press on the homescreen - Advanced - More - Export Theme - give it any name and save it.
2. The folder should now appear.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

Try this:

1. Long press on the homescreen - Advanced - More - Export Theme - give it any name and save it.
2. The folder should now appear.


thank you , it worked.
I have one more question. My email icon keep saying that i have " -1 " mail. I'm using yahoo as my main email account on my phone. how can i fix it to get the right number of mail to show up? this happen to all the theme that i use.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes