Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot import themes to themer ! bug ?

OP sekhar4

2nd September 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello, I just installed themer yesterday. It is now one of my fav apps of all time xD .
However, today I been trying to side load themes into themer without success, as i gathered from some websites and from a video by the one of the peeps at mycolorscreen: you just copy the zipped theme folder onto the folder called " Exported" and then to "Zips "(found in mycolorscreen->themer, on the phone), with that done the new themes should be visible in the themer app in My themes>Exported>zip option .
My problem is that I can't find any folder called exported or export inside my themer file directory in the phone, I checked everywhere , there is nothing like that. So I ended up creating a folder called export and then a folder called zip inside it , but still I cannot access this from the themer app ( Mythemes-> exported->zip->choose the new app ) .
Please help !
2nd September 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #2  
Bornheim
Thanks Meter: 68

131 posts
More
MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip is the right folder an i think its case sensitv.
2nd September 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #3  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 452

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhar4

Hello, I just installed themer yesterday. It is now one of my fav apps of all time xD .
However, today I been trying to side load themes into themer without success, as i gathered from some websites and from a video by the one of the peeps at mycolorscreen: you just copy the zipped theme folder onto the folder called " Exported" and then to "Zips "(found in mycolorscreen->themer, on the phone), with that done the new themes should be visible in the themer app in My themes>Exported>zip option .
My problem is that I can't find any folder called exported or export inside my themer file directory in the phone, I checked everywhere , there is nothing like that. So I ended up creating a folder called export and then a folder called zip inside it , but still I cannot access this from the themer app ( Mythemes-> exported->zip->choose the new app ) .
Please help !

Hi,

Try this:
1. Long press on the homescreen - Advanced - More - Export Theme (give it any name).
2. Once saved, it will create a .zip file in the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip folder.
3. Place your .zip files into the same folder.
4. To find the themes - look in the My Themes - Exported section in the Theme Browser.

Good luck!
2nd September 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

Hi,

Try this:
1. Long press on the homescreen - Advanced - More - Export Theme (give it any name).
2. Once saved, it will create a .zip file in the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip folder.
3. Place your .zip files into the same folder.
4. To find the themes - look in the My Themes - Exported section in the Theme Browser.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the help bro, much appreciated.
I loaded the app, but some of the app button shortcuts look weird, all of them has an icon of a folder, but when i press on them they seem to be shortcuts to google play, or youtube or stuff like that.

Once again, thanks for the super fast reply.
3rd September 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #5  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 452

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhar4

Thanks a lot for the help bro, much appreciated.
I loaded the app, but some of the app button shortcuts look weird, all of them has an icon of a folder, but when i press on them they seem to be shortcuts to google play, or youtube or stuff like that.

Once again, thanks for the super fast reply.

When sideloading themes, you can often get one that doesn't follow Themer's guidelines, meaning that the user will set shortcuts to his/her personal preferences.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread