Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot import themes to themer ! bug ?

Tip us?
 
sekhar4
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2014
Unhappy [Q] Cannot import themes to themer ! bug ?

Hello, I just installed themer yesterday. It is now one of my fav apps of all time xD .
However, today I been trying to side load themes into themer without success, as i gathered from some websites and from a video by the one of the peeps at mycolorscreen: you just copy the zipped theme folder onto the folder called " Exported" and then to "Zips "(found in mycolorscreen->themer, on the phone), with that done the new themes should be visible in the themer app in My themes>Exported>zip option .
My problem is that I can't find any folder called exported or export inside my themer file directory in the phone, I checked everywhere , there is nothing like that. So I ended up creating a folder called export and then a folder called zip inside it , but still I cannot access this from the themer app ( Mythemes-> exported->zip->choose the new app ) .
Please help !
 
CopKiller76
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 124
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bornheim
MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip is the right folder an i think its case sensitv.
 
ThemerSupport
Old
#3  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 434
Posts: 909
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhar4 View Post
Hello, I just installed themer yesterday. It is now one of my fav apps of all time xD .
However, today I been trying to side load themes into themer without success, as i gathered from some websites and from a video by the one of the peeps at mycolorscreen: you just copy the zipped theme folder onto the folder called " Exported" and then to "Zips "(found in mycolorscreen->themer, on the phone), with that done the new themes should be visible in the themer app in My themes>Exported>zip option .
My problem is that I can't find any folder called exported or export inside my themer file directory in the phone, I checked everywhere , there is nothing like that. So I ended up creating a folder called export and then a folder called zip inside it , but still I cannot access this from the themer app ( Mythemes-> exported->zip->choose the new app ) .
Please help !
Hi,

Try this:
1. Long press on the homescreen - Advanced - More - Export Theme (give it any name).
2. Once saved, it will create a .zip file in the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip folder.
3. Place your .zip files into the same folder.
4. To find the themes - look in the My Themes - Exported section in the Theme Browser.

Good luck!
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
 
sekhar4
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport View Post
Hi,

Try this:
1. Long press on the homescreen - Advanced - More - Export Theme (give it any name).
2. Once saved, it will create a .zip file in the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip folder.
3. Place your .zip files into the same folder.
4. To find the themes - look in the My Themes - Exported section in the Theme Browser.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for the help bro, much appreciated.
I loaded the app, but some of the app button shortcuts look weird, all of them has an icon of a folder, but when i press on them they seem to be shortcuts to google play, or youtube or stuff like that.

Once again, thanks for the super fast reply.
 
ThemerSupport
Old
#5  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 434
Posts: 909
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhar4 View Post
Thanks a lot for the help bro, much appreciated.
I loaded the app, but some of the app button shortcuts look weird, all of them has an icon of a folder, but when i press on them they seem to be shortcuts to google play, or youtube or stuff like that.

Once again, thanks for the super fast reply.
When sideloading themes, you can often get one that doesn't follow Themer's guidelines, meaning that the user will set shortcuts to his/her personal preferences.
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes