Lag on the htc m8

Search This thread

kartoonz

Apr 28, 2012
Psynation
i have used themer for a week on my m8, but no matter what theme i set, there seems to be considerable lag when i am swithing between the menu and home screen. Also is the case if i close any app and go back to the menu, the launcher takes at least 3-4 secs to load... this is very annoying. I have also noticed that themer stays in the background and when i close it from the recent apps, it lags and reloads... i have switched back to sense since this is very annoying... Such beautiful themes out there, and i simply cant get em to work with fluidity...
BTW i have enough ram and i have rebooted my device as well, but nothing has worked. If devs can sort this out, it will be a brilliant launcher...

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
No reply.. I'm glad I uninstalled this app... Buzz Is way better in terms of support

Hi kartoonz,

Sorry for the delay, we understand that there is some lag, so here is a quick fix:

1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder.
3. Reinstall Themer.

Also take note that a large update is coming this week which should also fix any lag issues.

- Marco

Oct 11, 2014
Followup question

Hi kartoonz,

Sorry for the delay, we understand that there is some lag, so here is a quick fix:

1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder.
3. Reinstall Themer.

Also take note that a large update is coming this week which should also fix any lag issues.

- Marco

Marco,

I actually tried themer on my m7, and every time I hit the home button it would blank the screen and sit on a loading wheel for a second or two, then go to the home screen. I do a lot of multi-tasking and bouncing around, so this led me to uninstall the app within the first day. I was rather bothered too because Themer is really awesome, and there are so many great looking "instant themes" that someone who's as fickle as me about how my phone looks really needs to have that kind of thing.

Can you speak to the lag/delay I got and if it was/will be fixed?

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
Marco,

I actually tried themer on my m7, and every time I hit the home button it would blank the screen and sit on a loading wheel for a second or two, then go to the home screen. I do a lot of multi-tasking and bouncing around, so this led me to uninstall the app within the first day. I was rather bothered too because Themer is really awesome, and there are so many great looking "instant themes" that someone who's as fickle as me about how my phone looks really needs to have that kind of thing.

Can you speak to the lag/delay I got and if it was/will be fixed?

As Themer is still in beta, issues like lag are the hardest to fix. The way that Themer is designed, which is completely different to say Nova or Apex, means that our team often faces hurdles that no other launcher faces. Every update comes with new fixes, however we still need a few more weeks to iron out the lag.

That method I mentioned earlier is the best known fix to help with the lag, but hopefully soon there will be many more speed improvements. Sorry about that.

- Marco

Oct 11, 2014
Getting better, but still a little to go

As Themer is still in beta, issues like lag are the hardest to fix. The way that Themer is designed, which is completely different to say Nova or Apex, means that our team often faces hurdles that no other launcher faces. Every update comes with new fixes, however we still need a few more weeks to iron out the lag.

That method I mentioned earlier is the best known fix to help with the lag, but hopefully soon there will be many more speed improvements. Sorry about that.

- Marco

Followed the steps and now I can say that there's a 1 second delay when I press home sometimes.. I'd say so far about 10 percent of the time, which is monumentally better than it was. This means to me it's usable enough to enjoy your themes, so good work. I"m eager to see you make it even better. I wouldn't say you're finished the lag improvements but they're VERY significantly improved and I'll keep using themer while I watch to see what happens next :)