Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Preview images?

Tip us?

Felix Edelmann
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Custom Preview images?

Hello, does anyone know how to change the preview image that is shown after I want to open a widget and tap the folder icon? I tried renaming the zw file to zip, replacing the screen.png with my own screen.png (same size) and again renaming to zw. But when I wanted to open the widget, the preview image was right but the order of all objects in the widget was totally wrong, so my background shape was over some other items which no one could see now. Later, I only unzipped and then zipped again the zw file without replacing the png, but the same (except of the preview image of course) happened.

Does anyone have a solution for that? Thanks in advance

jimlahey
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Edelmann View Post
Hello, does anyone know how to change the preview image that is shown after I want to open a widget and tap the folder icon? I tried renaming the zw file to zip, replacing the screen.png with my own screen.png (same size) and again renaming to zw. But when I wanted to open the widget, the preview image was right but the order of all objects in the widget was totally wrong, so my background shape was over some other items which no one could see now. Later, I only unzipped and then zipped again the zw file without replacing the png, but the same (except of the preview image of course) happened.

Does anyone have a solution for that? Thanks in advance
Try unzipping/zipping using Rar (free app). Works for me

Felix Edelmann
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlahey View Post
Try unzipping/zipping using Rar (free app). Works for me
Yeah it works for me, too great!
Thanks!