Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Inconsistency on Zooper Templates Available in Different Launchers

Tip us?

VideoSavant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Inconsistency on Zooper Templates Available in Different Launchers

I have been using the Epic Launcher on my Nexus 5, and as part of the process of setting up home screens in Epic, I created a pretty nifty home page/clock weather Zooper widget, using the 5x1 template widget as my starting point.

However, I recently decided to switch to the Google Now Launcher, and when I go to lay down the 5x1 template on my home page, it is not among the Zooper templates that are offered -- there is no 5x1 template in my Widget drawer when I'm using the Google Now Launcher but if I switch back over to the Epic launcher and I open up the widget drawer, the 5x1 template is there.

Why is this happening and how to get access to the 5x1 in the Google Now Launcher?

rkucheran
Old
Thanks Meter 3335

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoSavant View Post
I have been using the Epic Launcher on my Nexus 5, and as part of the process of setting up home screens in Epic, I created a pretty nifty home page/clock weather Zooper widget, using the 5x1 template widget as my starting point.

However, I recently decided to switch to the Google Now Launcher, and when I go to lay down the 5x1 template on my home page, it is not among the Zooper templates that are offered -- there is no 5x1 template in my Widget drawer when I'm using the Google Now Launcher but if I switch back over to the Epic launcher and I open up the widget drawer, the 5x1 template is there.

Why is this happening and how to get access to the 5x1 in the Google Now Launcher?
You cant that I am aware. Google launcher is only offered in 4x4. To combat this in main settings for the widget you can scale it down to fit the 4x1 size. A customer launcher with grid sizes you can set is almost a necessity for zooper. I for one use a 10x7 or 9x7 grid almost exclusively when using zooper.

VideoSavant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkucheran View Post
You cant that I am aware. Google launcher is only offered in 4x4. To combat this in main settings for the widget you can scale it down to fit the 4x1 size. A customer launcher with grid sizes you can set is almost a necessity for zooper. I for one use a 10x7 or 9x7 grid almost exclusively when using zooper.
Thanks -- I should have noted that I'm using xPosed Framework Google Launcher Settings which allows me to redefine the grid, which is set for 5 columns and 7 rows.

Is there a reason that Zooper isn't picking up on the xPosed configuration? Any way around that, if so?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

rkucheran
Old
Thanks Meter 3335

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoSavant View Post
Thanks -- I should have noted that I'm using xPosed Framework Google Launcher Settings which allows me to redefine the grid, which is set for 5 columns and 7 rows.

Is there a reason that Zooper isn't picking up on the xPosed configuration? Any way around that, if so?

Thanks again for the quick reply.
I do not use Xposed so I am not sure. Sorry.

VideoSavant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkucheran View Post
I do not use Xposed so I am not sure. Sorry.
Thanks anyway -- I appreciate it.

FWIW, I went back and checked and the 4x1 widget template is not available either, only 4x2. Strange...

I have the paid version of Zooper but I tried downloading the free version to see if that might make a difference, but no cigar. The same templates for both...