Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weather Condition Text on Multiple Lines?

Tip us?

CPAPerseus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Weather Condition Text on Multiple Lines?

Hi

Is there any way to get the weather conditions to split each word onto multiple lines?

eg. "Partly Cloudy" to display as

Partly
Cloudy

I'm trying to get the text to display on a specific image that is in my background bitmap.

Any help is much appreciated.

MrBiggzz
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Are you using Rich Text or regular?

Rich text give you the option. One of the guru's here might have a different idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CPAPerseus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm trying to use regular text, as I'm setting a rotation, which I don't think Rich Text can handle.

CPAPerseus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried a few different things to get the text to split across multiple lines without any success, so thought I'd see how to do it using the rich text.

It's got me completely befuddled.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I might achieve the text split?

Also, I've seen a number of widgets with custom icons in them. How do you embed icons from an icon pack in a widget; if at all possible. I may be mistaking the widget creation for something to do with a theme creation.

Any help is appreciated.

lydonw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAPerseus View Post
Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I might achieve the text split?
If you are cannot use rich text that limits you severely, and I'm not sure it is possible with Zooper alone. You can use tasker to do this, however. this will require some research on your part, but you can do an HTTP Get action in tasker to retrieve the weather condition for your location, and then perform a variable split to produce two variables, one for the first word of the weather condition, and a second variable for the second word. You would then send these to Zooper using the #T...# format.

So it is possible if you cannot use Rich Text objects in Zooper, it just requires more work on that back end.

itesla
Old
Thanks Meter 4
For me I can only get Rich Text to wrap onto multiple lines if it is near the edge of the screen.
Current: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus7(2012)
Previous: iPhone3GS-JB, NookColor-CM9, Cingular8125/HTC Wizard WM5, Sony T610, Nokia 8210, Nokia 6110