Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,407 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is Shadow alpha linked with Text Alpha?

Tip us?

gmthedoc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Is Shadow alpha linked with Text Alpha?

Hi to all! I'm a beginner in Zooper widget, and I have a simple question: If I set a text with a semi-transparent color (with alpha) and then I set the shadow with a solid color (without alpha), the shadow is still rendered faded. It looks like it ignores the alpha in shadow and uses the text one. Is this a bug or a desired behavior?

jimlahey
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmthedoc View Post
Hi to all! I'm a beginner in Zooper widget, and I have a simple question: If I set a text with a semi-transparent color (with alpha) and then I set the shadow with a solid color (without alpha), the shadow is still rendered faded. It looks like it ignores the alpha in shadow and uses the text one. Is this a bug or a desired behavior?
I dont think this is a bug. The shadow is a part of the text, and so is the shadow alpha. At least that's how I look at it

gmthedoc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlahey View Post
I dont think this is a bug. The shadow is a part of the text, and so is the shadow alpha. At least that's how I look at it
It makes sense, but it can be limiting. I would like to make an effect like the jpg in attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg test.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (11.2 KB, 10 views)