Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CPU Load Variables

Tip us?

brizey
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 379
Default CPU Load Variables

The numbers I get in the CPU load string #SCPUAVG# seem to be...odd.

Right now I am getting 2.38 4.69 6.24

I get that these are the standard 1, 5 and 15 min averagaes in Linux. What I don't get is how I am getting wacked out numbers way over 1 per core (S4, so quad core) on the longer averages. I kind of doubt I am at over 150% averaged out over 15 minutes.

So what I am I not getting?

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2063

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizey View Post
The numbers I get in the CPU load string #SCPUAVG# seem to be...odd.

Right now I am getting 2.38 4.69 6.24

I get that these are the standard 1, 5 and 15 min averagaes in Linux. What I don't get is how I am getting wacked out numbers way over 1 per core (S4, so quad core) on the longer averages. I kind of doubt I am at over 150% averaged out over 15 minutes.

So what I am I not getting?
If you want to understand what these value mean, this is a rather good article that explains how to interpret them in single- and multi-core environment: http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/20...-load-averages

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brizey
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post
If you want to understand what these value mean, this is a rather good article that explains how to interpret them in single- and multi-core environment: http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/20...-load-averages
Thanks. I had found that article. Still not sure how I could possibly be over 100% load averaged out over 15 minutes pretty much all the time, but maybe I am?

I'm building a Zooper template that is somewhat overly informative. I may just leave this out. The main point of the template is not the info, its the integration using tasker to manage state and to run scripts, etc.