FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Astronomy clock

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By zackman94, Junior Member on 8th June 2014, 03:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I had an idea that I would like to try making, but unfortunately I'm not overly familiar with zooper yet.
I have noticed that there is a variable for the moon's phase in degrees, and this gave me a bit of inspiration.
What I would like to do is have a static image of the sun, and to the right the earth that rotates every 24 hours, and an image of the moon that rotates around the earth relative to it's current position.
Is this possible, and is it difficult to do?

8th June 2014, 04:30 AM |#2  
Bornheim
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Possible and difficult. Just try.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 09:41 PM |#3  
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman94

I had an idea that I would like to try making, but unfortunately I'm not overly familiar with zooper yet.
I have noticed that there is a variable for the moon's phase in degrees, and this gave me a bit of inspiration.
What I would like to do is have a static image of the sun, and to the right the earth that rotates every 24 hours, and an image of the moon that rotates around the earth relative to it's current position.

I have a widget something like that... check it out on my G+ page here https://plus.google.com/103934698784...ts/3NyxWofNmLC
The large moon is a moon phase and the earth has the weather conditions over it.

30th June 2014, 09:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman94

To clarify, do you want the Earth to rotate around the Sun, with the moon rotating around the Earth? If so, I'm not sure this is possible. If it were possible, it would require you to use advanced parameters on the moon that determine not only its rotational location around the Earth, but also the X/Y location of the arc which must dynamically move along the same rotation as the Earth.

If you are want the Earth to have a fixed position with a moon that rotates around it, this is much more doable, but I would ask you why you want to create such an image?

Technically, the moon orbits the Earth every 27 days or so. It goes through all of its phases in roughly 29 days. It is visible in the sky for around 13-15 hours per day, depending on when you are looking.

Just trying to get an idea as to why you have settled on 24 hours as the rotation time, as it doesn't necessarily correspond to the moon's actual process.
4th July 2014, 01:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Ciao
Very best Clock
4th July 2014, 08:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
That's great
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)