[Q] [B8080-F] Yoga 10 HD+ and Miracast

30th September 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello dear people,

I am pretty new to the Android world and have had my Yoga for three months now. I bought a Media Player (WD TV) for my TV and now I am trying to work out Miracast.

While I do get a connection, my main problem is the aspect ratio. I have a 1080p TV, however, the Yoga 10 HD+ has a vertical resolution of 1200, not 1080. This leads to the image being cropped and the aspect ratio seems slightly wrong (of course, since it's not 16:9 anymore).

Has anybody else had this problem? Can I switch my tablet to a 1080p resolution somehow, or at least the stream? Thank you for your help!

Update: I used the NOMone Resolution Changer, setting the resolution to 1920x1080 with 233dpi, which seems to work. I am currently trying to figure out a way to increase image quality. It's okay, but not exactly what you expect from HD. Also, scenes with a lot of swift movement in them seem to be producing artifacts a lot. Not what I expected from the highly praised Miracast, but it might just be a device specific issue. I will write more when I've done some more research.
Last edited by incompetent; 30th September 2014 at 09:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Thinkpad Tablet General by ThreadRank