Chinese CWM - now Touchscreen CWM

OP adrian.aitken

25th September 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

107 posts
Donate to Me
More
Installed CWM via the MTK Droid program and it works. But I can't read Chinese so does anyone know how to turn it into English please?

Many thanks
Adrian
Last edited by adrian.aitken; 28th September 2014 at 03:40 PM.
25th September 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 12

66 posts
More
chiniese recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian.aitken

Installed CWM via the MTK Droid program and it works. But I can't read Chinese so does anyone know how to turn it into English please?

Many thanks
Adrian

I think it would not be possible to change it at recovery mode. Rather you can download some suitable recovery image file and install it through Mobile uncle tools apk. If you don't have any other options to flash.
25th September 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

107 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well, the Uncle tools aren't compatible according to the Play store but I found someone else's .img files and used MTK droid to flash them - yippee, they're in English. Boo, can't do backups since it can't find the path.
Can anyone confirm CWM 5.5.0.4 is the latest version everyone is using?

Many thanks
Adrian

It seems that sdcard is unavailable inside CWM , I even tried mounting it but no joy. It is there when in JB, I can install apps, move files etc. but CWM doesn't seem to believe it's there. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Doh!!! When CWM refers to 'sdcard' they really do mean an external sdhc card, not the built in memory (as I'm used to it being referred to on my Xperia)
Last edited by adrian.aitken; 25th September 2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Further experience
26th September 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 12

66 posts
More
Hmm CWM has the other higher versions above 6 as well. But depends on your phone pls check if some suitable cwm is available. I am using CWM on my Neo V. But it has only single data partition of 420 MB so it takes external SD as sdcard. Back up are working fine. Restore too

Sent from my MT11i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th September 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

107 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's not TWRP but likely the closest thing we'll get....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1825722

Start it, select auto and when it complains about screen resolution chose 1280 x 768 not the obvious choice of 1280 x 800. No more Vol + / - to select options. And for those who don't read the manual, 'Go back' is a swipe to the left.

Many thanks
Adrian
Last edited by adrian.aitken; 28th September 2014 at 03:31 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread