Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] Flashing S6000-F with Yoga 10" 4.4 Rom

OP htp24

30th August 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello all,

The Yoga 10 and S6000-F seem to share the exact same specs (aside from the batteries), so the question is whether one could safely flash the 4.4 rom onto the S6000 to partake in the Kitkat goodness?

I don't believe this question has been asked before, but if it was, my apologies in advance. Thank you.
31st August 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wonderland
Thanks Meter: 28

64 posts
More
I also considering about installing Yoga Tablet 10 Firmware to S6000-H but flashing this version would be corrupt maybe device
22nd September 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 25

107 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've a spare s6000 I'm willing to try it on if someone could point me to KK download and a guide to install it. I'm used to CWM/TWRP so not a complete n00b but have only rooted my s6000.

Anyone? Willing to accept CWM backup of your tablet if you've just wiped it before doing a backup.

Many thanks
Adrian
Last edited by adrian.aitken; 28th September 2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: bump
The Following User Says Thank You to adrian.aitken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #4  

107 posts
Donate to Me
More
Finally managed to download the Yoga firmware from the Russian site. Tried to install just the boot.img and recovery.img - borked the tablet. Fortunately I know how to use fastboot and managed to recovery it with a backup I made earlier.
So, it might be possible mucking about with scatter files etc but just a plain old install won't work. You have been warned.

Many thanks
Adrian
2nd October 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thank you very much for your try. Too bad just the install of Yoga firmware didn't work, maybe that would have been a to easy solution for us S6000 user.
So there's no much hope left for an upgrade or custom firmware left I think.
3rd October 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #6  

107 posts
Donate to Me
More
Android L should be out soon so I've started looking at that. Ideally MTK will release the proper drivers etc. - here's hoping...

Many thanks
Adrian
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread