All credits belongs to them. All image - rights belongs to them too.
* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these * modifications. * This should be the last option, you'll do, if your device is soft-briked * or the software * is too damaged (from rooting etc) */
Versions: 4.2.2 Android for 8" and 10" Yoga Tablets (WIFI, 3G and WW_CALL)
ROM: Official Lenovo
OS: Android 4.2
Languages: Multilanguage (chinese, english, german, spanish, italian, etc
This guide works only with Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
At first let's begin with the ROM - download itself. There are different versions of those tablets, so choose wisely
I'll post only the Android 4.2.2 versions of the rooms, if you want, you can update them by yourself with the OTA. It is because at the moment you can root the JB - version more easily. (FRAMAROOT for 4.2.2 Jelly Bean versions only!!)
You have to register on this forum for download - permissions!!
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8":
- [ROM] Yoga 8 B6000_A422_000_059_131219_WW_WIFI
- [ROM] B6000_A422_000_084_140310_WW_CALL
- [ROM] Yoga8_B6000_A422_000_084_140310_WW_3GDATA
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10":
for download click on the green button on the top right side:
At first you need Lenovo USB Driver [from this site] version 1.00.11. 9,28mb
Next step youl need some other drivers and tools:
- Driver for USB "download mode" [download it, unzip and place it on your desktop.
- SP Flash Tool Driver Auto Installer [9,49mb] - works only with Windows ХР SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
for installing unsigned drives on Windows 8, follow the guide below:
- Get access to Startup Options: HOWTO - Method 2 is the easiest way for me
- Once you are there (After a restart) you have to choose number 7 (Disable driver signature enforcement)
- When you install unsigned driver after it, windows is allways asking you this:
2. Install the ROM
- At least 30% of battery
- All Driver from above and unzipped driwer for "Download mode"
Now let's begin.
- Install the USB driver.
- Unzip The ROM and put it on your desktop.
- Turn off your device and unplug it from USB (if its pluged in).
- for Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP: Install the SP Flash Tool Driver Auto Installer from above and jump to step 7.
- go to "Device Manager (link for short guide)
- now when you are in your device manager it'll be a little bit tricky. When you NOW plug in your device (it have to be turned off), a new "unknown" device will appear. It will be there only for a few seconds, so you habe to be quick. RIGHT-Click on this unknown device and then go to "Update driver" in preferences. Then choose the driver you had downloaded and unzippt on your desktop. Thats it!
- Now start the FlashTool.exe, (I think which you'll find in your unzipped ROM in the "Upgrade tool" folder. And plug in your device (micro USB)).
- Click on "Scatter loading" (like on the image above). Then go to your ROM (you know, on your desktop) and in folder "target_bin" choose this file: "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" (I am nbot shure if its the same name on all ROMs, but it has to be something with "scatter" in its name.
- Click on "DA DL ALL WITH Cheksum" (without it, the device wont start after flashing and you have to flash all again) you'll see it on the pictures below:
- The "FAC" - file will be propably not checked.
Just choose it in your ROM folder by yourself in target_bin folder:
- Click on "Firmware -> Upgrade"
- Then you'll see some pink lines loading. When the lines bekame yellow, you can skip the next step.
- It can be, that after the pink lines the Flash Tool will stop and nothing will happen then. If it keeps for one minute you have to unplug your device for 30 seconds and than just plug in again. NOTHING ELSE!!!
- When the green lines appears, just wait till its finished. You'll see it, when the green circle appears:
- Unplug your device and restart. Don't panik, its multilingual and your language will be there (for shure), just click on the rigt chinese words in the first window which appears and scroll up.
After that you can easiely update your tablet to 4.4.2 with the OTA
Happy flashing =)