1. Download and install both files here: https://yadi.sk/d/BQDlz3kVcHK7p
2. Install PhoneFlashTool 220.127.116.11 from here: http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=867...291514&third=0 . Click on the right button in chinese to download.
3. Download this recovery firmware for the LTE variant of the tablet: https://yadi.sk/d/__IkHVXtcUD9P . Make sure you extract the file and you will have system.img file.
You will need this file to flash. Wondering why the LTE variant work, and not the Wifi only. Also bodivas, do you know where to download the original firmware for
the Wifi in case we want to restore it?
1. Once you have everything install, it is reccommended to restart your PC, or laptop. Turn on developer mode in the tablet by going into Settings, About Tablet, Click on the Build Number repeatedly, about 5 or 6 times until it said developer mode turned on, and you will see Developer Options above the About Tablet. Turn off your tablet, make sure it is completely off. Hold down power and the Volume Down button until the screen turns off and let go. This will put you in the droidboot recovery menu of lenovo to begin flashing.
2. Plug in your tablet to your PC or laptop, and open PhoneFlashTool. Click on Custom Flash on the left hand side, go down to where it said "Android Image", and check the box next to "system" and browse in the system.img you just downloaded.
3. Once loaded, click on the Start to Flash button, and wait. The status bar will be green from 0% to 50% to 60% and you have to wait about 5 minute or so then it will say Complete while maintaining the Green color to let you know everything is fine. Once this is done, your tablet will be rebooted automatically and voila, you are rooted!
4. SuperSU will be installed, and it will ask you for permission to grant some access once fully loaded. Enjoy!
I will try to help as much as I can if this does not work, but according to the OP, this will work on all variants of the new yoga tablet 2 pro Android version only. Bodivas, if you see this, can you please follow up on the russian forum to see if this will stay rooted if you use the system update via the settings menu?