Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyone Still Using TPT1?

OP yahoowizard

5th November 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70

558 posts
Just wondering what you guys are using it for/ what you're running on it. It's been on my shelf collecting some dust and I'm not sure whether to sell it off or use it for something. There is some functionality I like on it such as the HDMI port and the USB port and other things but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Just wanted to know what everyone else was doing.
13th November 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoowizard

Just wondering what you guys are using it for/ what you're running on it. It's been on my shelf collecting some dust and I'm not sure whether to sell it off or use it for something. There is some functionality I like on it such as the HDMI port and the USB port and other things but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Just wanted to know what everyone else was doing.

I recently sold mine...When I first purchased it I loved it! I rooted and installed Koshu's rom which made it much faster. I used it for taking notes in college and at work (Comp Sci, Software Development). When the development of the rom stopped I tried to look into ways of building an ASOP rom for myself but no luck . Anyway I ended up selling it because it was taking up space and the Nexus 9 looked like a really nice upgrade. Currently waiting for it to be delivered.
14th November 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin101

I recently sold mine...When I first purchased it I loved it! I rooted and installed Koshu's rom which made it much faster. I used it for taking notes in college and at work (Comp Sci, Software Development). When the development of the rom stopped I tried to look into ways of building an ASOP rom for myself but no luck . Anyway I ended up selling it because it was taking up space and the Nexus 9 looked like a really nice upgrade. Currently waiting for it to be delivered.

How much did you end up selling it for? Right now my USB port doesn't work and it has some other small stuff with it, but not sure how much I can get for it.
14th November 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #4  

8 posts
Quote:

How much did you end up selling it for? Right now my USB port doesn't work and it has some other small stuff with it, but not sure how much I can get for it.

I sold it on Amazon for about $170 ish USD with all the accessories (cables, dock, and a case). After the fees I got about $140 USD. I really just wanted to get rid of it.
14th November 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

558 posts
Quote:

Quote:

I sold it on Amazon for about $170 ish USD with all the accessories (cables, dock, and a case). After the fees I got about $140 USD. I really just wanted to get rid of it.

Oh, alright, thanks. I'll check it out. I'm not sure if I'll buy a different tablet after this but not sure what to do with this one is all.
30th November 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
Quote:

The TPT still serves me well as a scratch pad, a sketchbook and a media consumption device. I also have a 64GB SD card that stores all of drafts, code, frequently read books and assessed data. It thus can be conveniently switched between my work laptop and the TPT w/o meddling with the bloody cables.

Do I want to upgrade? Of course. However I'm still waiting for a decent sub 250 Windows tablet with digitizer and long battery life for the upgrade to be worthwhile. None found so far so the TPT will still be my companion for a little while.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread