Remove All Ads from XDA

Yoga Tab 2 Unlock Bootloader

682 posts
Thanks Meter: 94
By Sage, Senior Member on 24th April 2016, 09:07 AM
Post Answer Email Thread
Hi all,

Saw this thread which looks like exactly what i need though its closed and i cannot see instructions/attachments..

I have a soft bricked Y2 that i am trying to fix.

Looks like i need 1050f-esp-patched.img and then i assume i flash esp through fastboot... either through DNX or Droidboot.

Can anyone please help with providing? Will click "Thanks"

Sage 24th April 2016, 09:19 AM
i should add that i am open to suggestions as well.. the unit is a 1050F and it boots to a EFI Shell command line.. this happened after an official OTA update.. thanks Lenovo
Sage 24th April 2016, 10:13 AM
hmm actually found the patched img.. though doesnt work through fastboot either through Droidboot or Fastboot Ready options.. comes up with Unknown error..

Cant even flash the official firmware with flash.xml get Partition errors.. looks like its fubar..
Add a Comment

3 Answers

26th April 2016, 02:34 PM |#14  
Flag Hucknall,Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 23
1 Votes
If I remember right.(not promising)
Start fastboot on the tablet and connect to your computer, then navigate to the restore application(restore-kitkat-bios-830-1050-v2) on your computer, then double click the application and it should bring up a command prompt, then just follow onscreen instructions,
Once (hopefully)you have the Bios correct(Kitkat)use phoneflashtoollite to send the file with the ww21 (kitkat)at the end, also put the easyimage on an SD card as you will need to set your region code if you get that far.
Sage 27th April 2016, 04:29 AM
Thanks mate - though using the exe does not work.. when i said manual steps i mean downgrading the bios without an exe :) - using individual script commands..
Sage 4th May 2016, 10:24 AM
bump? :) can no one help good ol Sagey :p
weby78 17th May 2016, 03:04 AM
You are a legend thank you so much for the help!
Add a Comment
24th April 2016, 06:31 PM |#4  
Flag Hucknall,Nottingham
0 Votes
Look here. post 7 ,all the files you need are linked there.

The ROM files say there is an error,it's something to do with the size and what G Drive allows?,just download the files,they are clean and correct.
Newest comments displayed
Click to display 2 older comments
Sage 25th April 2016, 02:28 AM
Could this be related to the Lollipop BIOS? (not sure which bios im runnning).

Trying the other ROM now..
Sage 25th April 2016, 02:31 AM
ROM YT2-1050F_USR_S100031_1506111400_WW52_ROW-(L) doesnt even get to DroidBoot... When it tries to make it to DroidBoot comes up with that EFI Shell command window again...
corasman 25th April 2016, 08:37 AM
Let's start from the beginning.
Power off your tablet, then press volume down and hold it while powering on, this should take you to a screen with some information, you are looking for the IFWI line,it says something like Blade.............. what does it say x86 or x64,,this will tell us what BIOS you are on.
Then we will direct you to the correct ROM.
Sage 25th April 2016, 11:58 PM
Thanks Corasman... though holding down volume down while powering just takes me to the EFI Shell... (same with holding vol up and holding nothing).. I can only boot to fastboot starting by both vol buttons..
Sage 26th April 2016, 03:54 AM
btw i think your right i think it maybe related to incorrect bios version.. i did try to downgrade with 'restore-bios-kitkat v2' though the exe tries to move from fastboot to fastboot though ends up at EFI shell and craps out...

To be honest i dont care about root/unlocking bootloader/kitkat or lollipop or anything.. just want the device to work..
Add a Comment
26th April 2016, 08:24 AM |#12  
Flag Hucknall,Nottingham
0 Votes
If the restore file will not take, then I'm sorry but I cannot think of anything else to try.
Possibly there is a restore one for Lollipop BIOS but I do not have that one.
Sage 26th April 2016, 12:07 PM
bugger thanks for trying.. i wish i had the manual steps for reverting the BIOS.. can anyone advise which file is the bios? i assume you just flash with fastboot.. is it efilinux.efi?
Add a Comment
Post Answer Subscribe to Thread

Answer Question (no urls or BBcode)
This form is used to answer the question presented at the top of this thread. If you are asking a clarifying question or want to comment on an existing answer, please click on the comment button below that post.
Previous Thread Next Thread