Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

D801-20G OTA Update from t-mobile..

OP sidog

12th December 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
I got this update a few days ago on my rooted Tmobile G2. Applying the update bricked my phone, as it was stuck in a recovery boot loop. Had to use this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...load-mode.html

to get it unstuck. Also, I tried the LG Support Tool to pull the update, but it was trying to download a 1.7gig update. I cancelled it before the install process in the fear that it would bork my phone.

Has anyone gotten the update to install successfully on their phone? (rooted)
13th December 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 90

141 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got the update but didn't run it. I learned my lesson last time. I'd love to know what it brings and how to install it though.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
14th December 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag Maiden, NC
Thanks Meter: 61

557 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidog

I got this update a few days ago on my rooted Tmobile G2. Applying the update bricked my phone, as it was stuck in a recovery boot loop. Had to use this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...load-mode.html

to get it unstuck. Also, I tried the LG Support Tool to pull the update, but it was trying to download a 1.7gig update. I cancelled it before the install process in the fear that it would bork my phone.

Has anyone gotten the update to install successfully on their phone? (rooted)

I'm there but can't figure out how to type in terminal command, can you help me out with this? I'm stuck in the recovery boot loop.

*EDIT* nevermind I figured it out after a factory reset though UGH!
Last edited by TheCoutures; 14th December 2014 at 12:48 AM.
16th December 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

141 posts
I also got the update notification. I deleted 213MB upgrade file in cashe. It was in the root of cashe folder not in /cashe/foa/. I still get the stupid upgrade notification. How can we kill it? I have Titanium backup but software MUC is not an option on our phones.

OK found how to turn it off. Long press the update, App Info pops up, uncheck show notifications. Clear cashe and then reboot.
Last edited by tpaxadpom; 16th December 2014 at 10:51 PM.
Yesterday, 03:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 19

106 posts
You can use stomproot (brute force method) to root this OTA. towelroot won't work. Before applying OTA, make sure custom recovery is replaced with stock recovery. Otherwise you will end up in boot loop.
The Following User Says Thank You to sam298 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 157

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam298

You can use stomproot (brute force method) to root this OTA. towelroot won't work. Before applying OTA, make sure custom recovery is replaced with stock recovery. Otherwise you will end up in boot loop.

Can confirm this works...thanks...autorec still works as well
Yesterday, 06:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

44 posts
If I have not installed a custom recovery, but just rooted the phone with AutoRec, will it soft brick my phone? Since I don't have TWRP or CWM, I would have no way to enter adb shell. So, it sounds like if I soft brick it, I'd have to restore factory settings to get it to boot, right? Are there any significant improvements to the 20g versus the 20e? Thanks.
Yesterday, 10:54 PM   |  #8  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 361

1,296 posts
More
I got this this morning and installed it...no issues whatsoever. Not sure what its for, but I got it.

Im stock unrooted.
Today, 04:58 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
I ended up going with the LG support tool method and installed the update (1.7gigs)...not really sure what the changed though. Root was lost, but I used Stump Root to get it back and everything is normal again. If anyone has the list of changes, plz post

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread