TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LG G2 D801 No Download Mode

OP CaliPanda

27th August 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Help! i have the t-mobile variant, D80120e. did the 4.4.2 update, then rooted with towelroot, now i dont have the Download mode, i am trying to restore to the Stock firmware (Unroot) but its not letting me go to the download mode. i tried installing the TWRP recovery, but just soft bricked my phone, so when i try to restore through the device, it boots up to the lg screen and pops up an error on the top left of the screen. when i try to go in to download mode, (by holding the volume up, and plugging in the device) just boots up with the LG Logo and shows the battery charging, and my pc recognizes it. is their any way i can restore to stock firmware or unroot the device to its factory state?
28th August 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I had the same problem I believe. I fixed it with this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

Everything worked. Make sure you use the sbl1.img, rpm.img, tz.img, aboot.img and twrp for TMO LG G2 D801. Do not use the downloads in the thread as they are for a different version of the LG G2 (D802 international version).
26th September 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliPanda

Help! i have the t-mobile variant, D80120e. did the 4.4.2 update, then rooted with towelroot, now i dont have the Download mode, i am trying to restore to the Stock firmware (Unroot) but its not letting me go to the download mode. i tried installing the TWRP recovery, but just soft bricked my phone, so when i try to restore through the device, it boots up to the lg screen and pops up an error on the top left of the screen. when i try to go in to download mode, (by holding the volume up, and plugging in the device) just boots up with the LG Logo and shows the battery charging, and my pc recognizes it. is their any way i can restore to stock firmware or unroot the device to its factory state?

It took some doing for me but with the Tmobile G2 I was able to find 2 modes to get into when loading Power + Down button get me in to download mode and Volume up +Volume Down to get to Reset mode.
29th October 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag NMB
Thanks Meter: 88

205 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdgal

I had the same problem I believe. I fixed it with this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

Everything worked. Make sure you use the sbl1.img, rpm.img, tz.img, aboot.img and twrp for TMO LG G2 D801. Do not use the downloads in the thread as they are for a different version of the LG G2 (D802 international version).

Do you remember where you located the files:
sbl1.img
rpm.img
tz.img
aboot.img

I'm waiting for the stock kdz to download to search thru, any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thank you in advanced.
1st November 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag NMB
Thanks Meter: 88

205 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had hoped to keep all my files and data. No luck, with that, but this method did allow me to restore the download mode and then i used the lg support tool. Back up and running
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread