Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[R] Port Tmo G3 Rrom

Tip us?
 
sairegsx
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 97
Join Date: Sep 2010
Lightbulb [R] Port Tmo G3 Rrom

This is a request for any port developer who would like to port the G3 rom from tmo to the G2 or help me with a simple guide of where to start, i have already try porting it following the few guides of "general" porting from xda. Didn't work. I used a already ported G3 rom as a base. So any help would really be appreciated.

The reason to port something that it has already been done is for our case (tmo) we are missing the WifiCalling from the G3 roms. Now that we have a rooted G3 rom from tmo it would be easy(i think) to get that rom working on the g2(tmo) and get a fully functional WifiCalling. Thanks in advance!
 
rfunderburk39
Old
#2  
rfunderburk39's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 151
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NMB

 
DONATE TO ME
Have you checked here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788077

They reported a few weeks back that 801 support was coming soon and the OP reports "all variants support"

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rfunderburk39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MarkAtHome
Old
#3  
MarkAtHome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 301
Posts: 1,336
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairegsx View Post
This is a request for any port developer who would like to port the G3 rom from tmo to the G2 or help me with a simple guide of where to start, i have already try porting it following the few guides of "general" porting from xda. Didn't work. I used a already ported G3 rom as a base. So any help would really be appreciated.
Take a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783192. It is stable.
Device Configuration:

 



The Following User Says Thank You to MarkAtHome For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sairegsx
Old
(Last edited by sairegsx; 26th July 2014 at 04:48 PM.) Reason: update
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 97
Join Date: Sep 2010
I know of those two roms, am using one of them myselft. What am trying to achieve is getting Wi-Fi Calling which is present on the T-Mobile G3 rom. If we port that rom all the T-Mobile g2 could have a g3 rom with wifi calling.

Edit1: At the moment i get the boot animation for a second then it bootloops....

Edit2: i was using linux but most tools are for windows so i will switch to windows to work faster( i was using vmware) hopefully i get something by myselft soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sairegsx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PsychoKilla666
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 420
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairegsx View Post
I know of those two roms, am using one of them myselft. What am trying to achieve is getting Wi-Fi Calling which is present on the T-Mobile G3 rom. If we port that rom all the T-Mobile g2 could have a g3 rom with wifi calling.

Edit1: At the moment i get the boot animation for a second then it bootloops....

Edit2: i was using linux but most tools are for windows so i will switch to windows to work faster( i was using vmware) hopefully i get something by myselft soon.

+1
this would be nice, good luck and I hope someone helps
 
rfunderburk39
Old
#6  
rfunderburk39's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 151
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NMB

 
DONATE TO ME
If I had a PC I would assist you with this project.

Have you taken the other ROM, from the links and inserted the WiFi calling app, and associated files (bin,libs,etc...)? That may be an easier path.

Sent from my hammerhead using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
sairegsx
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 97
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfunderburk39 View Post
If I had a PC I would assist you with this project.

Have you taken the other ROM, from the links and inserted the WiFi calling app, and associated files (bin,libs,etc...)? That may be an easier path.

Sent from my hammerhead using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Many people have tried that way and it doesn't work, like for aosp and such, there must be something baked in the rom, if i had a list of everything related to wifi calling it would be a lot easier, but i haven't find anything like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to sairegsx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DeucesAx
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 193
Join Date: Oct 2012
Any news on this?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes