[R] Port Tmo G3 Rrom

OP sairegsx

21st July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 65

97 posts
This is a request for any port developer who would like to port the G3 rom from tmo to the G2 or help me with a simple guide of where to start, i have already try porting it following the few guides of "general" porting from xda. Didn't work. I used a already ported G3 rom as a base. So any help would really be appreciated.

The reason to port something that it has already been done is for our case (tmo) we are missing the WifiCalling from the G3 roms. Now that we have a rooted G3 rom from tmo it would be easy(i think) to get that rom working on the g2(tmo) and get a fully functional WifiCalling. Thanks in advance!
25th July 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag NMB
Thanks Meter: 51

167 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you checked here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788077

They reported a few weeks back that 801 support was coming soon and the OP reports "all variants support"

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rfunderburk39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 301

1,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairegsx

This is a request for any port developer who would like to port the G3 rom from tmo to the G2 or help me with a simple guide of where to start, i have already try porting it following the few guides of "general" porting from xda. Didn't work. I used a already ported G3 rom as a base. So any help would really be appreciated.

Take a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783192. It is stable.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkAtHome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

97 posts
I know of those two roms, am using one of them myselft. What am trying to achieve is getting Wi-Fi Calling which is present on the T-Mobile G3 rom. If we port that rom all the T-Mobile g2 could have a g3 rom with wifi calling.

Edit1: At the moment i get the boot animation for a second then it bootloops....

Edit2: i was using linux but most tools are for windows so i will switch to windows to work faster( i was using vmware) hopefully i get something by myselft soon.
Last edited by sairegsx; 26th July 2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: update
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sairegsx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

421 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairegsx

I know of those two roms, am using one of them myselft. What am trying to achieve is getting Wi-Fi Calling which is present on the T-Mobile G3 rom. If we port that rom all the T-Mobile g2 could have a g3 rom with wifi calling.

Edit1: At the moment i get the boot animation for a second then it bootloops....

Edit2: i was using linux but most tools are for windows so i will switch to windows to work faster( i was using vmware) hopefully i get something by myselft soon.

+1
this would be nice, good luck and I hope someone helps
29th July 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #6  
Flag NMB
Thanks Meter: 51

167 posts
Donate to Me
More
If I had a PC I would assist you with this project.

Have you taken the other ROM, from the links and inserted the WiFi calling app, and associated files (bin,libs,etc...)? That may be an easier path.

Sent from my hammerhead using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st August 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfunderburk39

If I had a PC I would assist you with this project.

Have you taken the other ROM, from the links and inserted the WiFi calling app, and associated files (bin,libs,etc...)? That may be an easier path.

Sent from my hammerhead using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Many people have tried that way and it doesn't work, like for aosp and such, there must be something baked in the rom, if i had a list of everything related to wifi calling it would be a lot easier, but i haven't find anything like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to sairegsx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 36

193 posts
Any news on this?
11th October 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 14

50 posts
Bump on this. I've been really missing WiFi Calling but really can't stand the G2 UI.
Yesterday, 02:01 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 40

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamchz

Bump on this. I've been really missing WiFi Calling but really can't stand the G2 UI.

It's most likely not going to happen WiFi calling is baked into the ROM, kernel/modem. Unless someone is willing to comb through all that code and reverse engineer T-mobiles implementation of it it can't be ported between roms. There are many people who have tried this in the past and failed and seeing as the development for the T-mobile G2 is a lot smaller than the rest of the variants it's not something to keep your hopes up for. My advice is root used xposed and xtheme engine if you really can't stand the G2 UI

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread