Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 37,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't enter download mode on T-Mobile LG G2 with stock 4.4.2

Tip us?

STAR8UCK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't enter download mode on T-Mobile LG G2 with stock 4.4.2

Hey,

I'm trying to root my T-Mobile LG G2 with stock 4.4.2, but the it just refuses to enter download mode. I've tried the standard method of entering download mode (powering down the phone, holding down the volume button, plugging in the USB cable from my computer), but only the LG logo appears on screen, then the battery percentage appears on screen, and then the phone begins to charge. I've tried using different USB cables and different PCs, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? Any extra steps that need to be taken?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

alil2cul4u
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Try holding up and power and let go of power when the logo shows then push the and hold power again.

STAR8UCK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alil2cul4u View Post
Try holding up and power and let go of power when the logo shows then push the and hold power again.
Do you mean hold power and volume up, plug phone in, let go of power and keep holding volume up, and then hold power and volume up again? I tried that, and the LG logo splashes on screen, disappears, splashes again, and then the screen goes black and the LED notification light blinks red. It doesn't pulse, like when it's charging, but it blinks a steady beat. It stops blinking and the phone boots up when I let go of the power and volume up buttons...

Manach
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAR8UCK View Post
Do you mean hold power and volume up, plug phone in, let go of power and keep holding volume up, and then hold power and volume up again? I tried that, and the LG logo splashes on screen, disappears, splashes again, and then the screen goes black and the LED notification light blinks red. It doesn't pulse, like when it's charging, but it blinks a steady beat. It stops blinking and the phone boots up when I let go of the power and volume up buttons...
When I went into download mode, I only held the Volume Up button and plugged in the USB to the pc. I didn't hold power.

head1shot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Same problem here ! Recieved d802 v20f OTA and after the update my phones refuses to entering download mode.

Howie Dub
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAR8UCK View Post
Hey,

I'm trying to root my T-Mobile LG G2 with stock 4.4.2, but the it just refuses to enter download mode. I've tried the standard method of entering download mode (powering down the phone, holding down the volume button, plugging in the USB cable from my computer), but only the LG logo appears on screen, then the battery percentage appears on screen, and then the phone begins to charge. I've tried using different USB cables and different PCs, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? Any extra steps that need to be taken?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by head1shot View Post
Same problem here ! Recieved d802 v20f OTA and after the update my phones refuses to entering download mode.
I'm on rooted 20e with custom recovery and I entered download mode no problem. Make sure you're pressing only the Volume Up button when plugging in the USB connected to the computer and hold it until you enter download mode.

Damented
Old
Thanks Meter 12
did anyone ever get it to go into download mode , I'm trying to get into download mode on my wifes phone to flask 4.2.2 so I can root