Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Can't enter download mode on T-Mobile LG G2 with stock 4.4.2

OP STAR8UCK

4th July 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey,

I'm trying to root my T-Mobile LG G2 with stock 4.4.2, but the it just refuses to enter download mode. I've tried the standard method of entering download mode (powering down the phone, holding down the volume button, plugging in the USB cable from my computer), but only the LG logo appears on screen, then the battery percentage appears on screen, and then the phone begins to charge. I've tried using different USB cables and different PCs, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? Any extra steps that need to be taken?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
4th July 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Newnan
Thanks Meter: 9

62 posts
More
Try holding up and power and let go of power when the logo shows then push the and hold power again.
4th July 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alil2cul4u

Try holding up and power and let go of power when the logo shows then push the and hold power again.

Do you mean hold power and volume up, plug phone in, let go of power and keep holding volume up, and then hold power and volume up again? I tried that, and the LG logo splashes on screen, disappears, splashes again, and then the screen goes black and the LED notification light blinks red. It doesn't pulse, like when it's charging, but it blinks a steady beat. It stops blinking and the phone boots up when I let go of the power and volume up buttons...
9th July 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAR8UCK

Do you mean hold power and volume up, plug phone in, let go of power and keep holding volume up, and then hold power and volume up again? I tried that, and the LG logo splashes on screen, disappears, splashes again, and then the screen goes black and the LED notification light blinks red. It doesn't pulse, like when it's charging, but it blinks a steady beat. It stops blinking and the phone boots up when I let go of the power and volume up buttons...

When I went into download mode, I only held the Volume Up button and plugged in the USB to the pc. I didn't hold power.
11th July 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Same problem here ! Recieved d802 v20f OTA and after the update my phones refuses to entering download mode.
13th July 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 61

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAR8UCK

Hey,

I'm trying to root my T-Mobile LG G2 with stock 4.4.2, but the it just refuses to enter download mode. I've tried the standard method of entering download mode (powering down the phone, holding down the volume button, plugging in the USB cable from my computer), but only the LG logo appears on screen, then the battery percentage appears on screen, and then the phone begins to charge. I've tried using different USB cables and different PCs, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? Any extra steps that need to be taken?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by head1shot

Same problem here ! Recieved d802 v20f OTA and after the update my phones refuses to entering download mode.

I'm on rooted 20e with custom recovery and I entered download mode no problem. Make sure you're pressing only the Volume Up button when plugging in the USB connected to the computer and hold it until you enter download mode.
20th July 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #7  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 12

247 posts
More
did anyone ever get it to go into download mode , I'm trying to get into download mode on my wifes phone to flask 4.2.2 so I can root
8th September 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damented

did anyone ever get it to go into download mode , I'm trying to get into download mode on my wifes phone to flask 4.2.2 so I can root

I'm having the same problem with my LG G2, I can't get into download mode. I've tried holding the power up button and plugging in a USB cable but my phone shows the LG logo and then starts charging the battery, I'm on stock rom, 4.4.2, no custom recovery. Is there a fix for this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread